Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Ok...ANOTHER .22 question. This time on the dreadded Jimminez .22LR pistol...

2K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  WERE_SKITZ0 
#1 ·
Has ANYONE got one of these to function reliably?? Local pawn shop I REALLY don't frequent too much has some in for $119 brand new, and in this state it's rare to even FIND a .22LR. Yeah, I know you can find them for $50 or something in some midwestern gun shop, but remember: The closer you get to Cali, the more expensive everything gets.

I know they have issues...but I just wondered if anyone has tuned these to FINALLY work right...sorta.... most of the time.

#4 ·
go to that linked website brycojennings jimenez. The jimenez ja22 is a copy of the jennings j22 and 1 guy on there is trying to shoot 10,000 rounds thru his. I am thinking about getting one just to plink with cuz the cost or ammo is cheap with 22lr. Read how to "fluff and buff" the ja22 to make it reliable plus stick with cci minimag for ammo at least thats what I have read. I would buy it.

#7 ·
I picked up a jimminez .380 a few moths back at a gun show for $50 .. I like the size of it , but this weekend after fireing it I noticed a crack on the frame where the barrel mounts .. :'( I will get it checked before shooting it again ..

#9 ·
I bought a JA22 the other day and was pleasently surprised how well it cycled everthing I loaded. I must say the Stingers have noticably more snap than most other rounds. Since this gun worked so well I went yesterday and picked up the JA380. RATS! NOBODY has 380 ammo.

#11 ·
Has ANYONE got one of these to function reliably?? Local pawn shop I REALLY don't frequent too much has some in for $119 brand new, and in this state it's rare to even FIND a .22LR. Yeah, I know you can find them for $50 or something in some midwestern gun shop, but remember: The closer you get to Cali, the more expensive everything gets.

I know they have issues...but I just wondered if anyone has tuned these to FINALLY work right...sorta.... most of the time.
What pawn shop is that? I went down to Mo Money Pawn shop in downtown phoenix and they are asking 160.00 plus tax for that gun. I was thinking about buying one just to plink with as well. I know they do come with an extra mag and they have a life time warranty, but I have read some pretty bad things about them.

#12 ·

What pawn shop is that? I went down to Mo Money Pawn shop in downtown phoenix and they are asking 160.00 plus tax for that gun. I was thinking about buying one just to plink with as well. I know they do come with an extra mag and they have a life time warranty, but I have read some pretty bad things about them.
A joint over in Mesa just North of Main on Alma School.

And, I'd stay FAR away from "Mo Money" if it's the one on Indian School and .....16th st (?).... they only take advantage of the getto trash that are in that area, and while WAY back in the day they used to have good deals, it's no better than what you find in Compton these days.

#13 ·

And, I'd stay FAR away from "Mo Money" if it's the one on Indian School and .....16th st (?).... they only take advantage of the getto trash that are in that area, and while WAY back in the day they used to have good deals, it's no better than what you find in Compton these days.
Yeah, thats the one. That is where I bought my C9, they over-charged me for it, but I was so determined to find one that I bought it there. If I would have just waited I could have safed myself about 30 bucks and picked one up at Arizona Firearms in Tempe. Mo Money wanted 240 plus tax for the .40 JCP and I picked one up at Arizona Firearms for 190 out the door. I wont buy from Mo Money ever again.

#14 ·

Yeah, thats the one. That is where I bought my C9, they over-charged me for it, but I was so determined to find one that I bought it there. If I would have just waited I could have safed myself about 30 bucks and picked one up at Arizona Firearms in Tempe. Mo Money wanted 240 plus tax for the .40 JCP and I picked one up at Arizona Firearms for 190 out the door. I wont buy from Mo Money ever again.
Arizona Firearms ROCK!!! :D I am desperate for them to get ANY carbine in stock so I can put it on layaway. After that and my 91/30, I'm done with the firearms purchases. It's just ammo after that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.