Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

UFC 101 winner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to have to go with Forrest. He is the biger stronger man and he loves to get in there and go after it. After the last few preformances we have seen from silva and listening to him in his interview I dont think he is taking this fight seriously. Maybe he wants to lose that way he no longer has so much presure to win. At least Forrest said he can not promise a win but he can promise hes going to fight.

·
Registered
177 Posts
For me this is a coin toss. First I love the way Forrest gets in there and mixes it up. He is a true fighter and can take big hits and keep coming, modern day, real life Rocky Balboa. That said Silva is a very dangerous and smart fighter. I just don't know, but I'm pulling for Forest. 8)

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
silva will win, but im rooting for forrest.

ill have to vote silva though.

·
1,792 Posts
I voted Forrest, More of a hope than anything.

I mean come on, No one should truly be that bad arse ya know..

Silva is nothing but a true athlete and competitor, one deserving of the rankings of pound for pound best. And yet I want to see him lose just for spite. I think if he wins it will cement his rankings and he may even step up to fight for the 205 title??? Maybe?

And >>>> Could possibly hold both titles at the same time???

Any way just a random thought the guy is good you know. No matter how his last to fights ended, he was the the better fighter.

Can he defeat a 205 title contender?? I think he has a good shot.. A real good chance.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can take nothing away from silva. I dont like some of his showboating in a fight like dancing around ect. Id like to see someone just put him away to see how he returns with a loss I beleive he will become a fighter that has that fire again. I want to see the Silva that fought Rich Franklin you know. Silva went after that fight and thats what we pay to see. I dont blame Silva for the last fight that was Tailas's bad. Why would Silva willing play into his game when he was the dominate fighter standing up.

·
Premium Member
10,372 Posts
Griffin lacks the standup KO power needed to KO Silva. Griffin's BJJ is NOT better than Anderson's. The only advantage that Griffin has, would be wrestling, and I still think that Anderson will be able to avoid it.
Anderson has this, better stand up, better ground game.

·
Premium Member
10,372 Posts
I voted Forrest, More of a hope than anything.

I mean come on, No one should truly be that bad arse ya know..

Silva is nothing but a true athlete and competitor, one deserving of the rankings of pound for pound best. And yet I want to see him lose just for spite. I think if he wins it will cement his rankings and he may even step up to fight for the 205 title??? Maybe?

And >>>> Could possibly hold both titles at the same time???

Any way just a random thought the guy is good you know. No matter how his last to fights ended, he was the the better fighter.

Can he defeat a 205 title contender?? I think he has a good shot.. A real good chance.
Anderson will not go after the title as long as Machida owns it. Their training partners and great friends. Anderson has stated he doesnt want to step on Machida's toes. Now, if Machida loses the title to say, Rampage then I'm sure he would pursue a run at LHW, but I don't see him beating Rampage.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Griffin all the way! He's a great fighter with a lot of heart I"ve been watching him since the ultimate fighter his game has improved greatly. One thing is for sure its going to be a great fight!

On a side note:

I"m not happy Fedor didn't sign with the ufc, I think he would have wooped Lesner!

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Honestly, I just want to watch a great fight. Personally, I would love to see Anderson Silva get his ass handed to him. Silva is just like GSP, he's a cocky bastard that really needs someone to give him his come-uppance. Not taking away from the skill of either fighter, but their egos and pride really turn me off from even liking the guys. It's just like Brock Lesnar, how he is turning into a cocky prick. I would love to see someone clean his clock one good time to teach them all some humility.

Edit:

BTW, I voted for Forrest Griffin. I just like the way that man takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

·
Premium Member
10,372 Posts
SILVA JUST WON BY KO!!!
TOLD YA!!!

·
1,792 Posts
Well That settled that, I mean I was hopin that Silva wasnt that [email protected]#$ uh, dang good but I h=guess he is.

I think If I start taking Roids and HGH right now with a little meth in a few years I might be able to take him out....

And that is a might.

That man is bad to the bone,

And I dont think GSP is all that cocky, or Silva. They are very good at what they do and still dont talk Shart about there opponent. Well not like the BJ or Brock, both of whom deserve there time to talk, or even a great deal of the other guys.

they gotta pump themselves up and get mentally ready.

I wanted BJ to lose but didnt think he would.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Who runs out of the octogon like a WWE bitch? I really lost aLOT of respect for Forrest Griffin just now. What a pussy.

·
1,792 Posts
He got Knocked the _-_-_- out.

I think I'd have to cry a bit too.

Yeah I think it had to be real hard on his self esteem. I mean he just got his arse handed to him by a a fighter a weight class lower then his.

Kinda like a fifth grader beating up a sixth grader, you will never hear the end of it.

Emotions run high, I can cut him some slack. After all he did have his hopes set real high. Well at least at making it the distance.

Silva made him look bad too. Like Franklin and Hendo. Dang X 10

Did you pay to see the fight Prime???

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was really pulling for forrest but that first shot he took off of his leg kick that got cought hurt him. Silva is some kinda fast and accurate just look at how easy he avoided getting tagged while landing a game ending jab on the button of Forrest. And Forrest is a tough dude. I wonder how Henderson will do on his next attempt at Silva. i know he is going to come in there to take the belt. I hope he trains like he did for Bisping (with a little hatered). I like watching Silva when he is pushed into a fight Id love to see him and GSP go at it one time.

Oh well not a great fight card tonight but it cant be great every time.

Best fight this year has been Clay Q. and Diego S. Them boys went at it for 3 rounds hard.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Thay, I am deployed so I watched it for free on AFN.

·
Premium Member
10,372 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,372 Posts
Who runs out of the octogon like a WWE *****? I really lost aLOT of respect for Forrest Griffin just now. What a *****.
He had a dislocated jaw and couldn't hear out of one ear, he ran backstage to find a doctor and a ride to the hospital.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...nderson-Silva-contemplates-Lyoto-Machida.html

And Primal, while I agree that GSP is arrogant, I feel that Anderson isn't. He's always been very humble and sportsmanlike in his fights. He wants to box RJJ soo bad, I feel that he's showing the world, Hey I can f'n box too. People don't give him a shot at RJJ but I believe he at least has a shot.
Look at both his fights with Franklin and his fight with Hendo, he was very humble in victory.
Now, when he was in Pride, he was something else, I'll never forget the time he flying kneed Carlos Newton and put on a Michael Jackson outift and danced. It was hilarious.

·
Registered
111 Posts
spider silva is the man, always has been, i knew he'd win this fight, unfortunately i didnt get to watch :( im broke lol

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well you gotta hand it to Silva. The guy is just an awesome fighter. 10 and 0 and fighting out of his weight class. I read today that he, through his manager, offered to vacate the middle-weight belt and continue to fight light heavy weight. Dana White could barely contain himself. Evans, Rampage, Machada, he could put on a bunch of big fights with Silva at that weight. I like Forrest and I can understand his desire to get out of the ring after getting his a** handed to him. I also don't think Silva is arrogant, he seems pretty humble to me, he's just really good at his game. I don't like Lesnar, I think he's a d*ck. GSP is a great fighter but I just can't find it in me to like him. I was glad to see BJ Penn win in dominating fashion. Florian is a good fighter but Penn against another lightweight is otherworldly. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts