Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,346 Posts
I'm not familiar with that media. I know my sonic cleaner with the right mix works well but I worry more about brass failure than about the coating. That really hasn't been an issue for me. My regular brass I tumble with crushed walnut shells with cut up pieces of dried polishing compound.
My bad its Lyman not the other brand.

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I was thinking about the coating wearing off. I have the Frankfort tumbling media with rouge. And my brass comes out smooth and coated like wax coated. Would that help these with feed issue? I don't reload 5.7 so I don't know. Its a lot less hassle then my usual media and wax added. Costs more but lasts a long time.
I use Lyman media with rouge. Basically ground walnut shells. Brass comes out clean and shiny like yours does. Pretty sure it will take off all the coating.

Is Frankfort media walnut, corncob, or something else?

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
  • Helpful
Reactions: moona11

·
Premium Member
22,271 Posts
This is a TNW Aero 10mm that takes Glock mags.
It's been a long time since I have seen one of those. I was considering them back before PCC's got crazy popular with more choices. Last I heard not always reliable, and no LRBHO.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It's been a long time since I have seen one of those. I was considering them back before PCC's got crazy popular with more choices. Last I heard not always reliable, and no LRBHO.
I haven't had it that long. Just a few hundred rounds through it but no issues other than the need to give the mag a good bump to insure it's seated properly. That's the only thing I've noticed. The no LRBHO is a fact but one I can live with.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts