1. If you are still wondering about it shooting off a little, it appears that the pistol has fixed sights, so you need to work on how to aim using the sights to hit where you want. A lot of older pistols were like this, not a whole lot you can do about it.

For example, I have a P08 Luger that hits low and to the left. It basically has non adjustable sights, so I am high and to the right.

2. jamephipp

jamephipp Guest

I was wondering I thought someone on the old forum had a similar incident where they had their rounds dropping and had to return the pistol to the company for repair does any one remember that

3. jamephipp

jamephipp Guest

It was dropping at 20 paces shouldn't drop that close

4. How much is it dropping at 20 paces? A bullet starts dropping as soon as it leaves the barrel, that is why you end up aiming a little higher to compensate for it.

The only thing I can think of is that the barrel is shot out and the round has pressure escaping past it as it fires, instead of staying behind it and properly pushing it out.

5. jamephipp

jamephipp Guest

Not sure

I'm gonna call Hi Point in the am I know I've got a spring bad on the firing pin so who know's prob send in the pistol and let them go thru it and upgrade it :D

6. jamephipp

jamephipp Guest

OH sorry forgot it's dropping 2 inches at 20 paces

7. Ok, let me understand this, at 20 paces it is dropping 2 inches from where you are aiming? To me, that is not that bad at all. Just aim up a little and you will hit where you want to.

8. jamephipp

jamephipp Guest

guess 45 spoils ya

9. No I am being serious, considering that you have a pistol that you cannot adjust the aim, being down 2 inches at 60 feet is not that bad, to me at least.

Actually a 45 drops faster than a 9 mm does.

At 20 paces it would not surprise me if a .45 230 gr slug drops 3-5 inches or so.

10. jamephipp

jamephipp Guest

better practice more w 9mm

11. Thats what its all about, practice :)

12. jamephipp

jamephipp Guest

Appreciate the info I'm getting a new firing pin and spring assemblysent to me from Hi Point and trying it one more time then sending the pistol in to Hi point for service they said they'd give it a good going over. I want to wait till after Christmas for the shipping / mail system to thin out a little. Will be day's more if I don't.

13. Bad firing pin can cause light primer strikes and possible ejection problems.

The only thing that I do not like about these pistols is that they use the firing pin as the spent case ejector, which will cause firing pin damage in the long run.

If you can, get a couple of spare firing pin/spring sets as extras, in case gun rights go south and they are no longer avaliable.

14. jamephipp

jamephipp Guest

Prob not a bad Ideal the one thing is there's not much to them

15. dirtimdebbie

dirtimdebbie Guest

What size group are you shooting at 20 paces?

I have changed ammo brands and moved groups 2" at 20 paces.

16. jamephipp

jamephipp Guest

Can't really get a good group best I've got is 2 1/4 inches that's why I'm sending it in after Christmas it's jumping every where.

17. jamephipp

jamephipp Guest

Should add that's from a fixed firing position not freehand. It's got something going on with the barrel I believe.