OKAY, who bought GOLD when I told y'all to buy it?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by undeRGRound, Aug 5, 2020.

1. YES, it's the best thing to buy against monetary inflation.

2. yes but other things are a good hedge also

3. not sure

4. maybe not, the .GOV will just seize it

5. No, there is no good defense against .GOV

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    $2000 an ounce had been broken! Been over 2000 for 3 days now, but maybe a short-term correction will happen. Meaning some people will sell, and be happy with the profits so far.

IDK if I posted "GOLDY" here or not, but I bought this coin when Gold was running $800 less.

1875 S double Eagle obverse.jpg

Gave right at actual value, but Gold was moving up at the time so it was OK.

I said all of that to say THIS:

BUY SILVER NOW!!
    It is STILL a bargain price, but it is up about DOUBLE already this year. Still well under $30 but the most conservative price projections bring it to a very likely $100, maybe by year's end. All the QE and excess spending is clearly boosting the PM markets, so it's a good time to cash in. I know @MaryB is a stacker, Silver for sure and maybe some Gold too. I know this post will get some idiotic comments from the usual gang, so at least be FUNNY (ha-ha) and stupid at the same time. Here's the reverse side of the same coin:

1875 S double Eagle reverse.jpg

@ajole and @1024Megabytes have commented on this before, I'm just tryna ping people that know about precious metals. @Think1st and @lklawson plus I believe there are quite a few others who maybe stack but just don't talk about it.

As mentioned in another thread by @uncle mark, we are going towards an all-digital money system, so this is a great way to start up in the "alternative system" now. If they go CASHLESS, the U$A will have the biggest and bestest BLACK MARKET the world has Ever Seen! I'm also one of the reasons there is a coin shortage :rotfl:

2. I put some money in gold and silver as a hedge against inflation several years ago but now I want more silver for a one to two year investment since I see it having more potential.

undeRGRound and Think1st like this.

3. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I keep some physical stuff just in case for use during a currency crisis. I also bought a shit ton of silver and gold ETFs before the big money dumps hit. I got rid of some real stinker equities and used the capital from those to buy them. It's paid off nicely. The physical stuff has its role, but before the big Zimbabwe-style dollar collapse, the paper stuff is where you can have more immediate benefits. The Sprott Physical precious metal shares are the way to go. Those are actually backed by real metal, which is independently audited. Details of the different ETFs Sprott has are here:
    https://sprott.com/investment-strat...and-silver/net-asset-value-premium-discount/#

Also, don't turn your nose up at cryptos. Because they're finite, they act as a form of digital gold. The advisories I read say to make the bulk of your holdings Bitcoin, with the so-called alt coins being the minority of your crypto holdings. Many of the experts are saying Bitcoin could hit six digits in ten years.

Also, the ETF GDLC gives you crypto exposure without having to buy cryptos in a wallet. It's been trading at 2-3x NAV, lately, and it seems to trade at a premium to its underlying holdings. The coins backing the shares are held in cold storage, meaning that they aren't in an online wallet, so they're safe from hacking. You can check out the details here: https://grayscale.co/digital-large-cap/

undeRGRound and Visper like this.
  4. Think1st

Florida
    The gold to silver ratio is way off from what it should be, too. If it gets where it's supposed to be, silver will take off. I've heard credible analysts calling for $42 silver, which I do believe will happen. I can still remember when it was $50/ounce.

undeRGRound, 1024Megabytes and Visper like this.
  5. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Mole, personally I'm more of a silver guy. Both are great investments but how the hell are you supposed to barter gold in teotwawki :p.

Silver would be a bit more practical for that. I bought a crap ton of silver 3-4 years back, wishing I bought more now... lol

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    My precious metals are lead, copper and brass.

Rerun, FlashBang, moona11 and 10 others like this.
  7. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Sorry to say that if you take investment advice from a gun forum you have other problems.
    Not sorry.

GrumpyOlMan, moona11 and Twisty like this.
  8. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I've been pondering how you could spend the coins when bIll gAteZ wants to chip everyone. You won't be able to sell the gold, and silver without taking the mark of the beast chip.

9. I've got a bunch of Kruggerands my dad bought back in the 70s. IIRC he paid around $400 for each one. I may have to find where I put them and do a little profit taking. :)

10. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

I'm sure there are some investors, they're profession, that own guns. Even doctors, lawyers, engineers etc.

Just because it is a "gun forum" doesn't mean we are ALL rednecks :rolleyes::rolleyes:

11. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

3 forms of advice you don't seek from social media:

1. Legal
    2. Investment
    3. Tactical

ajole, FlashBang, Twisty and 2 others like this.
  12. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

No but he’s a tinfoil prepper lol.
    No offense Mole....

undeRGRound, moona11 and Visper like this.
  13. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

They might be worth more than gold content. Check dates and research them.

14. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

I stashed some silver and a bit of gold(1/10th oz Eagles, more easy to use as a trade item)

undeRGRound and 1024Megabytes like this.
  15. Think1st

Florida
    TEOTWAWI and SHTF:

Scenario 1:
    Swaga: Well, I'm glad I have some precious metals, guns, ammo, and shelf-stable food ready to go to weather this crisis. No one knows I have all of this stuff because I stayed quiet about it.

----or----

Scenario 2:
    Swaga: Hey, Mole, you know all that stuff I said about ya'? I was just kiddin'. Hey, d'ya mind if I hang out here for a while? I brought some guns and ammo. I'll help pull security if I can share some of your food.

Mole: Sure, man. But, first, you have to wrap this sheet of Reynolds Wrap around your head and pose for a picture.

----or----

Scenario 3:
    Swaga: Son of a... ! Ishould have listened to Mole!

Visper, undeRGRound and moona11 like this.
  16. Those 1/10 ounce gold eagle bullion coins are being bought for about $213 by some dealers now today.

17. undeRGRound

INDY
    With my Cryptos, I am seriously looking at a cool 7 figures, and yes, 7 to the left of the decimal point. Still in the future, but I'm sitting on a nice tidy profit there too.

Just tryna wake up a few cavemen here, things are poppin' and the poppin' just started!

Not for long, the Numismatic values reduce in a Bull Market like we are going to see right now, FWIW.

As far a coming to a gun forum for investment advice, this is deffo not one of the first places to look. I'm just offering some Bonus Coverage, but really it's only SILVER TIME cuz even an ounce of Gold is crazy. ALL TIME HIGHS already for Gold. Take that $2200 (with premiums) Gold price and buy about 65 Silver generic rounds...

18. Think1st

Florida
    I hear ya', and I'm eying a similar outcome if things go the way they should. Of course, if it comes to that, we'll probably be spending our crypto, directly, rather than selling it for dying fiat currency.

undeRGRound likes this.
  19. undeRGRound

INDY
    Like SILVER vs GOLD, the blue-chip Alt Coins are gonna rise much faster than BitCoin.
    I have a bunch of a good Alt that pays interest, yet that is dwarfed by the coin's growth, itself. I started buying at $1.90 range and it is now peaking at $3.40 range but my DCA is likely really around $2.50. The rates of interest (staking) are up to 6% depending on where you have it staked. I am ready to move it off coinbase and on to a wallet where I can get the max. 6% makes any bank look very bad...

20. No, but I bought some shares of Vista Outdoors last year because I knew this was an election year. Well, then Covid 19 and George Floyd came along and you know the rest.
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

Visper and undeRGRound like this.