Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Old Hickory line of knives for me has been a mainstay fixed blade in both kitchen and field. I am excited to see that they are adding a folding knife to their lineup. The Opinel has been my go to for a folder. Just wondering if maybe the Old Hickory folder will replace my trusty Opinel #8? I will be buying one as soon as they are available to see.

excerpt from the article:
This, along with the fact that the OH-O is a non-locking, clipless slipjoint, means that the knife is completely ambidextrous. The handle lines are deeply traditional, with a slight dip towards the back of the handle to leave more of the blade cutout exposed for easy opening. The scales are not hickory but walnut wood, with brass liners underneath and brass rivets holding everything together.

they are also coming out with a 9" machete that I am going to have to try out.

Reactions: lklawson

·
Premium Member
36,313 Posts
I love the look of that Old Hickory knife. As you kind of say, the Old Hickory blades are similar to the Opinel carbon steel, and this folder is very cool, if it’s thinner. I don’t carry the Opinel No8, it’s too thick. But it’s in a drawer at school, for everyday use. I kind of wish the Old Hickory had a liner lock...that isn’t complicated or expensive. But....they are making a traditional knife, and that one is traditional. Unless it’s stupid high, I’m buying one, for sure. Maybe Gen 2 will have a lock. If enough of us buy this one, we might GET to a gen 2.

·
Super Moderator
9,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Product Rectangle Font Wood Circle

·
Super Moderator
5,283 Posts
Reminds me a little of the Barlows I carried as a kid. Gives me the warm fuzzies

Reactions: undeRGRound
1 - 6 of 6 Posts