Older 9mm Stallard

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by tim, May 24, 2015.

1. tim

tim Member

My Uncle gave me 2 older Hi Points, a C9 & a much older Stallard 9mm. The C9 is pretty much the same as the one I have that's a couple years old, but I was wondering the age of the 9mm by Stallard Arms. I've heard about them before on here, but didn't know what years they were from. Both pistols are a bit beat up & scratched, but both seem to work & since he gave them to me, I'm not planning on shooting them or sending them in for any repair, I have 3 Hi Points & many other pistols to shoot.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Manufactured between early 1991 and late 1992. Hi-Point no longer services them. If you break it, send it in and receive a new C-9.

3. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I think the flat grip Stallards were from 1986-1987. The round grip Stallards were from 1988-1992 & the JF-9 came out in 1993. BUT, only the shadow knows for sure! This pic is of all the JS-9's

Attached Files:

4. cicpup

Vermont
    You think. I research.

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/forum/f272/ed-stallard-who-you-287701/

From post #2

"In early 1991, a new grip frame with a curved rear portion was offered, with contoured grips to match the frame shape. The new frames were made of a lighter alloy. The total weight of the pistol went down to about 39 ounces, close to the weight of a Colt 1911. The weight of the slide, relative to the other parts, thus went up.

The version introduced in mid-1991 does away with the wrinkle finish in favor of smooth black or nickel. With little fanfare, the Stallard seems to be finding a market as an acceptable 9mm pistol at a low price."

And

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/What-are-Stallard-Maverick-Iberia-or-Haskell-Pistols.html

"When Hi-Point took over the line in 1992, (Deeb was reportedly Stallard's brother in law) they called this model the JF-9 and marketed it for a few years. By 1997, Stallard Firearms was dissolved altogether and in 2006, Mr Stallard himself passed away"

5. MachoMelvin

Now see, that is why I keep coming back here is so you can teach an old dog a new tricks. Thanks I will use that info later in my book!

6. o78

o78 Member

Can you find these older hp or are there not many out there. Im sure me being in ca wont help.

7. cicpup

Vermont
    They pop up on gunbroker from time to time. IMO they're the best 9mm handgun Hi-Point has ever made. I've got 3 of those and 2 of the earlier flat grip ones.

8. MachoMelvin

9. cicpup

Vermont
  10. MachoMelvin

The seller said it was silver looking on the underside when he pulls the slide back, for what it's worth?
    Not easy to get all the black out from the bottom.

11. o78

o78 Member

12. talon

talon the banned wagon

That's not even nickel, that's just had the black oxide removed and then they tried to buff it to a shine (and failed). That's simply poorly polished bare Zamac potmetal.