Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts

These sell in locales where semi-automatic rifles are forbidden. Do a search on YouTube and you'll find people shooting these in places like Britain and Australia (and I think some of the latest gun laws are now restrictive enough that these may no longer be viable choices)

Notice that this rifle is NOT California compliant as pictured.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
they made pump AKs for cali for a while until they were speccifically banned.

SW
The Par 1 and Par 3 pumps are not banned by name in CA. They may be out of production, but used models are fairly common in CA gun stores -- don't get me started on CA gun stores. When I buy guns in other states I generally have good experiences. If I can take possesssion and leave (long gun) it's just another purchase. Handguns must be shipped to a NV FFL; dealers just charge shipping and say 'Thanks for your business.'

In CA--they expect an 'FFL fee' on top of everything else ($50 minimum). I've yet to buy anything in CA and have it shipped to me.

People who live in California put up with too much...

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
i thought they got them under their AWB for the ability to use regular AK mags.

SW
The problem is that CA has 2 lists. One lists firearms by name and model, the other lists features. Semi-autos and other rifles are treated differently. The reason the PAR rifles were fairly popular in CA is because the rules controlling them are less restrictive than they are for a semi automatic.
Magazines are not listed and all magazines are legal IF you had them before the ban went into effect. The only restriction is a 10-round maximum capacity on mags. (that's why I look through the pickup pretty carefully before I visit--they love to bust out of staters with the dreaded high-capacity magazine) You can also buy magazine parts -- many dealers will disassemble and send full capacity magazines to CA for an extra fee. (check for 'rebuild kits' on websites)
The Par allows someone in CA to have an AK look-alike that has a pistol grip with a detachable magazine because those features are banned in CA unless you registered your 'assault rifle' before the deadline. California laws are complex, confusing, and stupid.

The Cal Guns Foundation has multiple lawsuits going -- including one already filed against yesterday's ammo ban.

Interestingly enough, gangbangers who commit crimes with CA-illegal weapons often plea-bargain the firearms violations away when arrested--the DAs only seems to pursue charges under these statutes against otherwise law-abiding citizens.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Interestingly enough, gangbangers who commit crimes with CA-illegal weapons often plea-bargain the firearms violations away when arrested--the DAs only seems to pursue charges under these statutes against otherwise law-abiding citizens.
Politicians don't care about criminals anyway, because criminals don't care about laws, but if they keep scaring citizens into disarming themselves then they are "doing their job" of disarming America.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
One word, eww...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.