On the Second Amendment, Don’t Believe Obama!

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by NRAJOE, Jun 8, 2008.

1. The presidential primary season is finally over, and it is now time for gun owners to take a careful look at just where apparent nominee Barack Obama stands on issues related to the Second Amendment. During the primaries, Obama tried to hide behind vague statements of support for “sportsmen†or unfounded claims of general support for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

But his real record, based on votes taken, political associations, and long standing positions, shows that Barack Obama is a serious threat to Second Amendment liberties. Don’t listen to his campaign rhetoric! Look instead to what he has said and done during his entire political career.

FACT: Barack Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry.

FACT: Barack Obama wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban.

FACT: Barack Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.

FACT: Barack Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities.

FACT: Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people who use firearms in self-defense.

FACT: Barack Obama supports requiring law-abiding gun owners to register their firearms.

FACT: Barack Obama refused to sign a friend-of-the-court brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.

FACT: Barack Obama wants to eliminate your Right to Carry.

FACT: Barack Obama was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and “research.â€

FACT: Barack Obama supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America.

FACT: Barack Obama voted not to notify gun owners when the state of Illinois did records searches on them.

FACT: Barack Obama voted against a measure to lower the Firearms Owners Identification card age minimum from 21 to 18, a measure designed to assist young people in the military.

FACT: Barack Obama favors a ban on standard capacity magazines.

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory micro-stamping.

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory waiting periods.

FACT: Barack Obama supports repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits information on gun traces collected by the BATFE from being used in reckless lawsuits against firearm dealers and manufacturers.

FACT: Barack Obama supports “one-gun-a-month†sales restrictions.

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on inexpensive handguns.

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on the resale of police issued firearms, even if the money is going to police departments for replacement equipment.

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory firearm training requirements for all gun owners and a ban on gun ownership for persons under the age of 21.

Vote McCain...any 3rd party vote you are helping Obama rama ding dong!

2. browwiw

browwiw Member

And so begins the partisan fear mongering.

A few months ago the NRA sent me a letter trying to get me to join. I threw it away after the first paragraph mentioned 'Hollywood liberal elite'. Pfft. It'll take more than stereotypical catch phrases and baseless fearmongering to part me from my money. So, you'll have to do better than such thinly researched and straw man scare mongering to part me with my vote, NRAJOE.

And McCain wants to disarm us, too:

http://www.davekopel.com/2A/IP/gunshows2.htm

3. Sometimes its the lesser of 2 evils.

I'm going with McCain, and am hoping that disgruntled Republicans will not write in their candidate, because that is just a proxy vote for Obama

4. It's not voting FOR someone for me, It has, sadly enough, become a matter of voting AGAINST a candidate.

5. Thats a good way to put it for those that are undecided Taurus

6. me too. very sadly. I'm praying we'll find our way again, hence my new sig.

EDIT - the sig is just me voicing my frustration, I plan to vote for the lesser of two evils.

7. and it begins... whoever is voted in, will make some major changes.. hopefully, it's for the good of the entire country and not the good of a few...

8. AndrewST

AndrewST Guest

Lets try and keep is friendly as long as this thread is going.

I personally do not care for either, this isn't a vote for anyone this year. As Taurus said it is a vote against.

9. I couldn't agree with you more. Having two rotten tomatoes, and having to choose one, you have to pick the one to throw out. It's unfortunate that it has come to this.

10. Like my signature says:
    Obama supports the 2nd Amendment like the American Cancer Society supports cancer.

11. I won't tell anyone to vote one way or the other. I just encourage everyone to vote. I will say though, when voting, do it with common sense. I know too many people who vote with a bovine level of intelligence. For example, one of my neighbors will vote republican only on the issue of gay marraige. She is pro gun control, pro choice, against big buisiness, wants more funding for social programs and is against tax cuts for the wealthy. She oozes of that bovine stupidity. I'll bet that she will continue to complain about all these issues, but did not include them in her decision on a candidate.

Please, please, please, examine your views, all of them. Then put your vote to work. Give it to the candidate that embodies all, or the majority of your beliefs. Republican, Democratic, Independent or what ever.

OK, I'm off my soapbox.

Gary

12. gr8fatman

Careful son, you start making sense and you're outta here!!!!! :lol: :lol:

- couldn't agree with you more - well stated.

13. condition1

condition1 Member

this is why my stimulus check will be going for ammo and stuff...

14. shelbyzman

shelbyzman Member

USA
    FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on inexpensive handguns.

I am guessing that this would include hi-point :( ....they are about as inexpensive as you can get

15. things are going downhill for America, the world, and the bill of RIGHTS.

16. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

Is Mickey Mouse on the ballet????

During my last deployment I didnt Vote as I didnt have any intel on Bushes second term or that John Kerry charractor.

This round is a rough one again except I have plenty O' intel. Sad X2

I have no key between d and g so bear with me.

17. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Hey Thay...
    ffff FFFFF FfFfF FffFFf f....

F!
    Just rubbing it in man... nothing but love. :lol:

18. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

I phoundout that the Phix phor the phavorate puter was a new hard drive and then the recovery disk will phix it phor me.

Phreak

19. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Be sure not to phuck up any more phunctional equipment. :lol: J/K It probably wasn't your phault. It's bad enouph that a sophtware issue is the culprit? Well, phix it. :) BTW: You're the phreak, and I've got the photos to prove it!

20. +1 too gr8fatman!!

Also, I think we as gun owners do a very poor job of convincing people who are in the middle of the road on guns (or are anti-gun) of our position, mainly because of the constant "us vs. them" attitude that so many gun owners possess. You want to win hearts and minds (and votes)? Stop trashing people right out the gate because they don't agree with you.

I'm not directing this at any particular people on this board, this is just my opinion based on my personal experience and observations of gun enthusiasts in general, and trust me when I say the other side of this argument has the same issue.

Anyway, that's about all I'll say on the topic :)