Once-fired brass & survival kit for sale or trade:

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Jag, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Jag

Jag Member

Greetings! I’m a fairly new member to the Hi-Point Forum (only been here about a month or so), but some of you guys probably have run across a few of my (probably by now infamously) lengthy posts on the boards here on the forum. This is my first post in the Sales & Trading board, but I have had an opportunity to go through my assortment of bug-out/survival kits and I have found a few goodies that I would like to offer up to members here on the forum. I found that I either had duplicates of these items or I had no room for them in my standard-sized survival bag. I also have a recent batch of once-fired brass that I have tumbled, polished, and wiped clean up for sale or trade in several different calibers. Pictures of the items are included in this post for easy reference.

First off, let me give you some general reference to these goods: all of the items you are about to see are either new (as in never-been-opened-before new) or were only opened in an attempt to fit them into their prospective storage bags/containers. None have been utilized in any way for field use (except the once-fired brass), and I even have much of the original store packaging (save the bulky plastic wrapping and disposable containers some of this stuff came in). Also, due to the sheer cost of shipping fees, shipping will unfortunately be by ground only. However, to overcome this shortfall, I am willing to pitch in up to 40% of the cost of shipping by ground. Also, I will pay to insure the shipment to ensure that, if it is lost or damaged en route, the items would be protected from any monetary loss. For payment methods, please PM me with your specific details about payment (I am open to several options). One last note: no reasonable offer on these items will be refused, and I am more than willing to barter in lieu of actually trading the items for mullah. Well, without further ado, let’s get to the visual references.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In these first two photos, we have an overview of the whole kit. In the top photo, the more prominent items that stand out are: the KodiSkinner hunting knife with its sheath, a Winchester folding pocketknife, the Coleman emergency blankets, the Ozark Trail nylon cord, the Silva compass, the Coleman 5-in-1 survival tool (with a whistle, compass, match compartment, signal mirror, and a fire starter ferrocerium rod), the Ozark Trail compact toilet tissue package (never been opened, of course), and the Ozark Trail magnesium fire starter bar. In the bottom photo, we have, from the top on down: an Ozark Trail Hobo Tool (compact eating utensils including a knife, fork, spoon, can opener, etc.), an 18 oz. Ozark Trail mug, two green Ozark Trail lightsticks, a crank-operated LED flashlight, 650 yards of 10 pound test fishing line, two Coleman emergency ponchos, an assortment of fishing lures and weights, and an unopened trail pack first-aid kit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In these two photos, we have the unused storage container that I put this kit in before I switched to a backpack. This waterproof utility box makes a great vehicle/cabin/house storage container for your survival supplies (not so good, though, for a readily portable container, even with its carrying handle, since it keeps your hands full while walking or moving). Its dimensions are as follows: 12†long by 6†wide by 5†high. This box comes with the kit shown in the first two photos.

Next, here are some close-ups of the kit showing the items in greater detail. Detailed descriptions of each item will follow each photo.

[​IMG]

In this photo, we have the gem of the kit: the KodiSkinner hunting knife with its handmade sheath (yes, I was the leatherworker). The sheath is made out of ¼ inch leather, it comes with a spare retaining strap for a smaller-handled knife (should you want to put another blade in it), is dyed black, and has been form-fitted to the KodiSkinner for easier removal and retention. The KodiSkinner knife has a Krylon handle and a 4†long stainless steel blade. The knife is made in Japan. I do not, unfortunately, have the original box for this high-quality blade (since the store conveniently lost the packaging for it—remind me not to give the Wal-Mart sporting goods section any future business, except maybe their decently priced plinking ammo), but it has not been used at all for any cutting. It is worth, at regular retail price, around $51 dollars. I have another knife that I routinely use (as well as another spare), so I am looking to slim out my gear by giving this blade a good home. I am willing to let only this item of the survival kit sell separately from the rest of the kit. The knife and sheath together, calculating in five hours of labor that the sheath required for manufacture, I would be willing to let go for $75 dollars—or, as I know some folks here on the forum don’t often have a lot of easily liquidated cash lying around, I would be willing to barter something of value for the knife, or a combination of a few bucks in cash plus another item or two that would about equal $75. If you are interested in obtaining this item separately, please PM me with your offer or for further details. If you would like to make an offer on the knife along with the rest of the kit, I am willing to let the whole lot go for $165 dollars or for a good barter item or two. The kit without the knife, including the utility box for easy storage, I would let go for $96 even or for a good barter. Again, no reasonable offer will be refused!

[​IMG]

In this next photo, we can see the documentation for many of the items on the right side of the picture. This will be included for your reference purposes. The Coleman emergency blankets are 53â€X 82†and are of aluminized polyester construction. They are a great compact, lightweight shelter option. Two blankets are included in the kit. The Winchester folding pocketknife has two stainless steel 1 ½†blades. If you happen to pick up the kit with the KodiSkinner, this knife will help to augment the high-quality blade of the larger fixed-blade knife for applications where one would not want to ruin the blade of the KodiSkinner (like trying to strike the blade on flint for fire-starting). The Ozark Trail nylon cord has a camouflage pattern, is 50 feet (15.1 meters) long, is ¼ inch (6mm) thick, and comes with a plastic rewind spool. The toilet tissue you see in the upper left is a compact unit designed for backpacking that makes it great to stick in your survival kit (it includes three rolls; it has not been opened). The compass is a Silva Explorer 203 model map compass that is designed to be used in conjunction with a chart of the area you are in for navigation (it has map scale rulers printed right on the compass). I have a homemade parachute cord lanyard (not shown in photo) for it that I will include for you as well.

[​IMG]

In this photo, we see the rest of the kit. The various fishing gear shown is as follows: 2 size 12 Black Stonefly Nymph trout flies, 1 size 1 Blue Fox pink-colored 4 gram Vibrax, 1 three-pack of 1†plastic bobbers, 650 yards of 10lb. test monofilament fishing line, three 1/32 oz. Black & Chartreuse mini-jigs, two size 7 Salmon Steelhead spin rigs with marabou (I have only seen these lures in Alaska and in some parts of the West Coast, and they seem to work well on several types of Midwestern fish in spite of their size), one size 1 French spinner lure, one pack of 10 bronze size 10 hooks, one size 4 pack of twenty Split Shot lead weights, and two size 3 packs of 16 each Split Shot lead weights. The Ozark Trail lightsticks last for 12 hours each and are great sources of low-intensity light for emergency use. The Coleman emergency ponchos help augment the emergency (also known as “space blanketsâ€) blankets for shelter-building. Two are included with the kit. The first-aid kit contains the following in a reusable waterproof case: one first-aid instruction placard, six 1â€X3†fabric bandages, two fabric knuckle bandages, four 3â€X3†sterile gauze pads, two 2â€X3†moleskin pads, one roll of ½†X 2.5 yards of medical tape, one 2†X 5 yards of conforming gauze, one pair of nitrile protective gloves, one resealable plastic bag, one sting relief pad, four ibuprofen tablets, one packet of iodine ointment, one packet of antibiotic ointment, six antiseptic towelettes, two 2â€X3†non-stick dressings, one pair of utility scissors, and a lifetime membership to a medical database known as “Ask The Expertâ€. It has never been opened or used in any manner. The mug has an 18 fluid ounce capacity and an enamel coating to help protect it from high heat scorching. Finally, the Ozark Trail Hobo Tool has several compact tools in two small units that make for a convenient package. These tools include: a bottle opener, a corkscrew, a full-size fork, a knife blade, an awl, a can opener, and a full-size spoon.

This completes the full kit. While this is not a complete, comprehensive survival setup, I do believe it would make a great basic platform around which one could expand or adjust according to one’s own needs. It might also make a great first-time setup for the beginning survivalist. For the kit without the KodiSkinner knife, I am asking $96 dollars or a barter agreement. With the KodiSkinner knife, I am asking $165 or a barter agreement. Please feel free to PM me with any questions about the gear before you make a decision!

For the final part of this post, I have a batch of several calibers of once-fired brass for sale. All of these casings have been hand-inspected to ensure that they are in a decent condition for reloading, and all have been tumbled and polished. The cases are packaged in individual bags for shipping and storage.

[​IMG]

This is a batch of 195 rounds of once-fired 9mm Luger (9 X 19mm) brass. It does contain mixed head stamps. Used primers have not been removed. Considering that 1000 rounds of once-fired 9mm Luger brass can be ordered online for $10 dollars for unprocessed brass, would $4 be reasonable to ask? I am, of course, also willing to trade for something as well. Since a $4 bag of brass would be a little expensive to ship alone, I am also willing to group the 9mm brass together with some of the other brass I have to make it more worthwhile. Details on the other batches of brass will follow after their photos.

[​IMG]

This bag contains twenty-seven rounds of .300 Weatherby Magnum once-fired brass that has been tumbled and polished. Mixed head stamps are present in this batch. Used primers have not been removed. Once-fired brass of this caliber sells online for $40 for 100 rounds, so I am offering this up for $10 or a reasonable trade offer. I will also bundle this batch with another if you would like to purchase more than one bag.

[​IMG]

For this next batch, there is an important note: I have hand sorted these 5.56mm NATO once-fired cases to ensure that they are separate from the .223 Remington cases I also have for sale on this post. The .223 Remington and 5.56mm NATO cartridges are virtually identical, but significant differences (such as different head spacing on the cartridges, one being shorter and the other being longer, respectively) exist. These differences can possibly lead to dangerous chamber pressures if one were to shoot 5.56mm ammo in a weapon chambered for .223 Remington. Please see this Wikipedia article ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.223_Remington ) for more information, or Google the search parameters “.223 Remington + 5.56mm NATO + interchangeable†in your favorite search engine for more information. If you purchase these cartridges and reload them for use in a .223 Remington caliber weapon, please exercise all necessary caution in performing this action. The risk is yours to take, and while it can be done successfully, I will not take responsibility for any accident that may occur. The buyer should proceed with utmost care if considering such a course of action. All cases have been tumbled and polished, and mixed head stamps are present; however, used primers have not been removed. Considering that brass of this caliber sells online for $60 for 1000 rounds, I am asking $9 for this bag or a reasonable trade offer. Bundled orders will be considered as well for this batch of brass.

[​IMG]

This is a batch of 125 cases of once-fired .223 Remington brass. This batch has mixed head stamps, and it has been tumbled and polished. Used primers have not been removed. If you purchase these cartridges and reload them for use in a 5.56mm NATO caliber weapon, please exercise all necessary caution in performing this action. The risk is yours to take, and while it can be done successfully, I will not take responsibility for any accident that may occur. The buyer should proceed with utmost care if considering such a course of action. Please refer to the above paragraph of this post for further information about this problem. Considering that brass of this type sells online for $60 for 1000 rounds, I am asking $7 for this batch or a reasonable trade offer. Bundled orders are acceptable with this batch of brass as well.

[​IMG]

This is a batch of 32 cases of once-fired 10mm Auto brass. This batch has mixed head stamps, and it has been tumbled and polished. Used primers have not been removed. Considering that brass of this type sells online for $110 for 1000 rounds, I am asking $3 for this batch or a reasonable trade offer. Bundled orders are acceptable with this batch of brass as well.

[​IMG]

This is a real rarity: 5.7 X 28mm FN brass (this is the caliber that the P90 submachine gun and civilian PS 90 semi-auto version of the P90 shoots). This is a batch of 26 cases of once-fired brass. This batch has mixed head stamps, and it has been tumbled and polished. Used primers have not been removed. Considering that brass of this type is virtually impossible to find online in a used (or even new) condition (I did find one price reference for once-fired brass on a forum; the poster wanted $40 for 100 cases), I am asking $6 for this batch or a reasonable trade offer. Bundled orders are acceptable with this batch of brass as well.

In addition to the above batches, for an extra $3 on any order I will throw in a small assortment of other brass that I have (sorry I don’t have a photo for it). I have 9 once-fired cases for a 7mm Weatherby Magnum, 3 cases for a .300 Savage, and 9 cases of 7.62 X 39mm for an AK/SKS-type weapon. This brass has been tumbled and polished, and it is of mixed head stamp as well. Used primers have not been removed.

Well, that about sums up the stuff I have available at the moment. Look for future posts as I continue to find more gear. Again, no reasonable offer will be refused, and feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Jag :D 8)

2. Send Silicon Wolverine a PM on that 10mm brass, I am sure he'll snatch it up from you as he shoots that caliber.

3. Jag

Jag Member

UPDATE ON ITEMS:

UPDATE ON ITEMS:

All of the brass has been sold. The survival kit, with the details mentioned in the post, is still for sale. PM me if you have any questions or if you are interested. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Jag 8)