One million hi points

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by inglwud59, Dec 31, 2014.

1. inglwud59

inglwud59 Member

On the gunsandammo show Monday nite I saw they were talking about the c9 and the 380 and mentioned that over one million hi points have been made! Must be a lot of HP lovers out there!

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I know where 50 of them are!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014

3. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    The bad guys like the pistols. Seems every time there is a bad guy arrested for some kind of armed crime, they have a HP pistol.

4. Back2School

Back2School Member

Maybe the bad guys just like a cheap reliable tool and thats their only care? They just want it to do what it does for as little as possible?

Guys into SD usually have more $$ and can afford a more purpose built pistol (like a Shield or other CC type)

Only people who are really into guns as a hobby get off on looks and showing off their range toy.

5. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Hi Points also appeal to legit gun owners, too. For people on a particularly tight budget, they offer an affordable and RELIABLE option in a self-defense tool. For people not so financially restricted, they serve as additions to an existing collection for those who may need one for self-defense in environments where they want something that won't hurt their feelings as much if something happens to it.

For instance, you wouldn't want to have a $1000 weapon as your truck gun. Imagine what all can happen to a vehicle or things in it. Also, if an SHTF scenario unfolded, such as happened during Katrina, and the local authorities decided to take liberties with the law and illegally confiscation guns, the Hi Point would make a nice decoy gun.

Sure, you can use any inexpensive firearm as a sacrificial lamb, so to speak, but you still want to know that you can trust it. The Hi Point seems to be the only one out there that is not only very affordable but is also very reliable.

6. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

When I got my HPs, they were the only guns I could afford at the time.... I'm about to pass my C9 on to my brother for the same reason.... But I researched online for a while before buying them.... Don't regret em at all.... Even after I upgrade my pistols to better models, they have their niches, and I will probably have at least one carbine in the safe eventually.

7. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Had a little argument with a guy about how if someone can only afford an HP for protection, why knock them for buying one? He said they should save some more money for a better gun, and somehow seemed to place a monetary value on a person's life if they didn't buy a more expensive gun.

8. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Fine and dandy.... Unless the time they NEEDED the gun for self defense, was the time they were still saving up, for a life-worthy pistol....

9. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

The whole SD/HD Industry is at fault here also with pretty aggressive up-sell advertising for the new 'absolutely must have' carry piece with the new ' wunder ' bullet.
    Most 'reviews' in the gun mags are really nothing more then product placement ads.
    Infomercials if you will.

" what's the value of your life? Here's a $1000 Tacticool HD gun from Colt"

10. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Look at how many writeups on the newest models laud them as being the best things since the invention of smokeless powder, but those very same pieces end up being recalled in droves because of design flaws.

The Remington R51 and the Caracal both come to mind. Each had significant written coverage when first introduced. If the articles had been genuinely honest (or the research and analysis truly thorough), those design flaws wouldn't have been either ignored or missed.

11. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Writers for magazines are gonna be biased because the magazine usually accepts advertisement money from companies. Would you give a bad review of ANYTHING if the company that makes it dropped a load of cash in your lap?
    I just get tired of seeing AR15s being reviewed. Is there really THAT much difference between Colt, WW, Bushmaster or DPMS AR15s that we need to see separate reviews on each and every one of them?

12. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

Agreed.
    "Doesn't your family deserve the BEST?" Why would you trust your kids' lives to a $150 gun? (Because I know it works!)
    Besides, who wants to believe a $150 gun can be as reliable as a $1000 gun they paid for?
    Remember, "you get what you pay for"!

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

13. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    How? They keep taking his lunch money.

14. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Right. I would agree with this post. ;)

15. RugerFan

RugerFan Member

I can't say that I have 50 of those 1 million, but proud to say one of them is MINE! Mine, like most of those million, is RELIABLE and comes with the best warranty of any of my guns. Who knows, maybe some year I will need to use it...the warranty that is.

16. sonic2wb

sonic2wb Member

Ive only had my c9 for about 5 weeks, have shot roughly around 400 rounds thru it. Once I got the mags tweaked ( man i got a new 10rd and it sucked compared to my tuned 8rd ones) I would have no fears of using my C9 to defend my life i did alot of research for about a year before buy the C9 and most of the "claims" that its not a good gun are just plain wrg

17. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I might be able to locate another 22 of them.

18. Irishfanatik

Irishfanatik Supporting Member

I'm very happy to say that one of those million is in my home. It won't be long and I will have at least 2 more, as I plan to buy all 3 calibers of carbines. I have many guns that cost 3 to 6 times as much as the 995ts I purchased last week, and none of them can beat the Hi Point's warranty. I'm not comfortable enough with it yet to say that I would use it if there were a break in at home, but I'm sure that time will come. I need lots of practice with this firearm. Seems like a fine excuse to go to the range a few times this week.

19. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

i got the 995ts and 4595ts. Have never fired/held any of their handguns that I can remember.