Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Say hello to my Mossberg 464 Davidson’s Exclusive Brush Gun.

This has become a favorite. Not the most accurate rifle I own, but will shoot inside of 2 MOA. And better with the load it likes. It’s fast handling though, and hits just come naturally. Modified with the XS Sights apreature set and Lever Scout Rail. I put the fiber optic front sight back on though. I liked the white stripe XS front sight, but that bright orange fiber optic just pops in the woods. Look through the ghost ring and put that orange dot on the deer, and we are eating venison tonight!.

Of course I mostly leave the scope on it. My old eyes just prefer it. It’s a very good scope by the way. I would say maybe I was lucky, but I have 3 of them and they are all superb. It is a NcStar 2.5x30 LER. Brass Stacker recommended the scope when I bought the mount for the @moona11 Psuedo scout.

I have several loads I use in this "30-30 Lever Scout". 150 grain gas checked cast, or the Xtreme equivalent plated bullet make good plinkers, and the almost tubular Hornady 170 grain flat point really smacks at close range, but this carbine really likes the Speer 130 grain flat nose and H335 at just over 2400 FPS. View attachment 73145

·
Premium Member
35,758 Posts
Why do you think the Mossberg lever guns aren’t more known or respected? I have one of the old Mossberg 402 Palomino .22s, it’s not a Marlin 39, but it’s a sweet little fast handling unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts