One of the best Easter Presents...

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by tanglebones, Apr 2, 2008.

1. My father handed me his "never been fired, much less out of the box" Remington 700 series custom. This, he bought back in the mid 70's I believe - chambered for 6mm (.244 Rem). With carved (not machine pressed) checkering on a walnut stock. I'm pretty sure that Remington does not make 700's in 6mm anylonger (although the 6mm ammo is still available).

There was only 1 condition on the gift - I am never to sell or trade it (which I don't intend to)

pics are forthcoming!

2. Sweet!! Congrats and yes lets see some pictures!! I am a big Remington fan. I have a model 742 BLD, 760 BDL and I have a 700 all in 30-06. My shot gun is a Remington 870.

Lets see some pictures!!

3. Kyu

Kyu Senior Member Member

What a wonderful gift! Do I detect the beginnings of a family heirloom? IMHO, 6mm is a fantastic cartridge! Enjoy!

4. Ari

Ari Guest

Very very cool! Photos when you get time please

5. boyjoe

boyjoe Member

very nice when I was young I went deer hunting one time with my brother-in-laws rem 700 6mm but his father put on a very heavy target barrel and the gun was like 30 lbs. so it killed my shoulder to carry it much but man what a tack driver out to 400yds I keep trying to get him to let me take varminting but as his dad is now passed he wont lend it out any more.