Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received this 1940 BSA Lee Enfield Mklll today from one of our members here. This on one severly hacked up weapon. This gun was not safe to fire in it's current state. the remainder of the chopped up mag was loose and just shoved into the mag well, what remains of the stock is cracked badly and the barrel is cut on a damn angle! I am enclosing these pics to show what I have to work with as I will attempt to rebuild this rifle to a state that will be very close to original, but it will have to be rebarreled, no way around that. Great work bubba, whoever you were........NOT!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Holy hell! :cantlook:

We have the technology.. We can fix him.. It'll be the 6 Million dollar rifle!

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already have some guys telling me that it can't be fixed, but they underestimate the power of the C&R!!!!

As far as a 6 million dollar rifle, you might not be that far off when all is said and done. lol

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth... and to think that this weapon survived everything that the Axis could possibly throw at it, only to get its purple heart from some dingleberry with a hacksaw Stateside. :'(

·
Registered
100 Posts
I know wht you mean, I just threw a 1903 Swedish Mauser on layaway that has been hacked up by Bubba. I am hoing to find an original Mannlicher type stock for it, but I probably won't. It has a peep sight that I'm not sure is original, I heard they put them on in 1938 or 1939.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Just a note to those that do not know..I did not mess with it..I bought it like that.
I'm all thumbs when it comes to taking any gun apart..let alone fixing one up.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Is this the one from averagejohn here in Ohio? I saw it when I sold him my .40. I died a little on the inside when I saw it.
Yep. that's the one. My wife actually shed tears when she saw this gun. I just hope my Cruffler kung-fu is strong for this oone.
The Force is strong with this one. I feel he will succeed. You must fight the Dark side. Master Kripp!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'm REALLY glad I didn't take it out to shoot it now..I bought two boxes of ammo when I picked the rifle up..after I saw the screw missing on the fore-stock I figured it not to be safe to shoot..but wow..after seeing the pics Krippp put up..jeez..I might not be here typing today. (or at least down to one finger instead of the two fingers that I type with now heh)

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Who ever screwed up that rifle was just plain EVIL.

Ron M.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.