Online price for HP vs. Dealer price

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by DRoCk, Mar 1, 2008.

1. DRoCk

DRoCk Guest

So I finally found a HP dealer that is a reasonable distance from me while still being in the state. What kind of price difference is there going to be between buying one at a dealer for their price vs. getting one on gunbroker or another auction site and paying the fees? I am still stuck waiting for my permit, so I'm just anxious and want to cover all my bases with research on prices while I go crazy waiting.

2. DRoCk

DRoCk Guest

I should add that I am mostly interested in a JHP, but a good price on a C9 would sway my search. So far Gunbroker looks like with shipping and gun price it would be around 200-250. Add in the transfer cost and its another 15-25.

3. Usually I find if your purchase isn't at least $200, the shipping/FFL fee wipes out any gain.

4. c-9 goes for 119 and 40 goes for 159, 45 goes for 169 thats sale price, i paid 149 for my 995.

5. BSK

BSK Guest

wow thats cheap for a 995. there is a ffl that wants FIFTY dollars per transfer. I wonder how that dude makes any money with charging this much! Everyone else is 20$

6. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Just bought a 995 at Dunhams, it was listed at $209.99, it was not on sale but was a couple of weeks ago, so I asked if they would sell for the sale price of 149.99 and they said no problem, it was $170.00 OTD. I paid 179.99 for my first 995, it was about 200 OTD.

7. BSK

BSK Guest

Has anyone ever said what the dealer invoice of the hipoints is? if they are willing to go down by 50$ it makes me wonder how much they are paying for the guns from their distributor

8. DRoCk

DRoCk Guest

Thanks for the replies, hopefully the dealer closest to me will have something for me. I got the bug already...thanks guys! :D

9. neothespian

neothespian Member

It really depends on where you are at, and what the current demand is. I've seen retail prices on C9's from $120 all the way up to $299 in the most extreme cases. From the numbers I've seen, there aren't any real hard and fast numbers dealers stick to.

10. billc

billc Member

I paid 303 out the door for my brand new 995 AND a c9 in Corvallis, Oregon!

11. i've wondered this as well.....

12. DRoCk

DRoCk Guest

Well I'm hoping a c9 will be in the 100-150 range...got my fingers crossed. I also would like to pick up a JHP at the same time, so heres to hoping for reasonable prices. I'm calling the nearest HP dealer tomorrow before I go to sleep, so I'll know for sure.

13. BSK

BSK Guest

Can you buy two guns at the same time in your state?

14. When I bought my first Hi-point (five years ago) I had it transfered through an FFL/dealer in Oklahoma City for a total of $127.82. At the pawn/gun store in my town the same C-9 was $179.95 plus tax and (get this) $25.00 transfer fee. Yes that (butt head) charged transfer fees for the guns he sold. I don't know how, but this guy sold a lot of guns. BTW, I still use the FFL/dealer in OKC. Talk about loyalty.

15. DRoCk

DRoCk Guest

Pretty sure I can buy 2 at once, not positive though. We'll see I guess. I don't even know if the closest dealer has either one in stock.

16. DRoCk

DRoCk Guest

An internet search of MN gun laws looks as though there is no limit on how many handguns can be purchased at once.

17. AndrewST

AndrewST Guest

I have found that most deals via the net end up costing more or just the same as an in store once you pay all the fees and shipping.

18. panoz77

panoz77 Member

You found wrong, I have bought online for much cheaper on certain firearms, although when you are talking in the Hi Point price range that probably applies.

19. this is true in my case. i paid $199 for my c9 locally and getting one online would end up just as much since they charge about $20-$25 for shipping and the only ffl dealer ive found charges $45 for the transfer fee, yes i guess im better off just buying it locally if they ever dicide to stock up on some more.

20. DRoCk

DRoCk Guest

Just an update...I got ahold of the nearest HP dealer. They have C9s in stock and they run $149. I also asked about JHPs and they are out of stock and backordered, they run $179. Thats cheaper than I can get one on gunbroker after shipping/FFL transfer cost. At any rate, I am going up there Saturday to buy a C9 and probably put a deposit on a JHP (if they will let me do that). Now if the dang permit to purchase would just get here... :(