1. so lets hear it what are your top three favorite weapons of all time i would like to see one of each rifle, shotgun, and pistol oh and to make it interesting lets say its TEOTWAWKI. so lets hear it what do you want in your possesion. for me its simple

rifle AR-15

Pistol 1911

shotty 20 gauge overunder browning perfered.

2. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

If I have to choose
    1 Revovler 357 or 44 mag

2 bolt action rifle 30.06 or 308

3 12 gauge double barrel coach gun

All 3 are easy to clean and maintain and all handy. Of course if this is for survival, Instead of bolt action I'll make it a lever gun same caliber as pistol

NEXT!!!

3. griff30

griff30 Member

1. Pistol PLR-16 with 90 round drums and ear muffs.
    2. Rifle JAE-100
    3. Shotgun? M61 Vulcan with the IQ set to detect rap music on top of incomming missles.

Then again if I had an M61 I could get away with the first two being airsoft replicas!

4. Pistol - 45 uato (it'd be my hi point since that what I have)
    Rifle Marlin 6079 .22LR
    Shotgun, Smith and Wesson 3000 12 ga.

5. I have never shot one and never even seen one in person but man I like the whole idea behind the Calico. Give me a Calico, a Saiga 12g and a P3AT and I will be all set. I would like a rifle but I will settle for slugs from the Saiga. I would also settle for one of the ultra light revolvers instead of the P3AT.

6. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

The XD9
    My old service rifle M16A2. (sentimental value and has saves my life many times.)
    And The Mossy 500 I am picking up later today.

7. AGuyNamedMike

AGuyNamedMike Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, I would choose my old service rifle too (in my case, M16A1). It's a weapon I know how to maintain inside and out and can shoot quite well. Besides, it's manual of arms is embedded in my muscle memory. It would be the go-to weapon I kept with me for all combat purposes.

For pistol I'd opt for a .22 revolver with a longish barrel, like the Freedom Arms model 97. I'd primarily use it to bag small game. Surprisingly accurate and a relatively low noise signature to avoid the notice of marauding bands, etc.

For shotty I'd go along with the crowd and select the ubiquitous Mossberg pump for its simplicity and parts availability.

8. Semi auto AK 47
    Mossberg 835 in 12 ga.
    Browning Buckmark Camper 22 lr

9. urotu

urotu Member

As far as what I would like, or what I have that I would take now?

If I were taking from my own, it would be like this, mostky because these are what I have.

My JHP .45, the Hi-Point (my biggest pistol)

The Saiga (7.62x39).

And my Mossy 835 in 12.

If this is a wish list kind of question my choices might change a bit.

My pistol would be a Sig Sauer P220 in .45 of course. The classic Sig..

I might stay with the Saiga for my rifle, although I might consider an AR.

I would rather have an autoloader shottie, and the Saiga's AK styke would make them easy to maintain, in 12 gauge please.

10. I've been reading this and thinking about it. It's not easy to pick one of each without details of the situation and I find I hate to limit my choices like this:

Handgun-1911 .45, no doubt. Probably be my Ultra CDP

Rifle-probably an AR in 5.56--hopefully the next one I've got planned.

Shotgun-1897 Winchester (currently I own a Norinco copy) I should have never sold the one I had.

I also reserve the right to make changes to the above choices on the fly.

I am uncomfortable having to make these choices, so it's probably a good exercise for me. :mrgreen:

11. neothespian

neothespian Member

The trick is, for me, that you want arms that are not only reliable and high performers, but durable and simple to repair. Commonality in the region that you live is also a factor as well, considering that you can only have so much ammo and so many spare parts on you at a time. It's sort of like having a BOV: In South America it would be any Air cooled VW, in North America it would be a smallblock Chevy or Ford or in the EU it would be your good ole Peugeot sedan/wagon. Same applies to guns.

SO, for my region (The Southwest United States), my selection is as follows:

Rifle: AK-47. It's the ubiquitous rifle of the world and is the most durable, with the easiest to interchange in parts. The rounds are a bit more pricey, but you can find 7.62x39 in all corners of the world, especially in the US. They can be submerged, beaten, filled with sand, and still fire with ease. Anyone can be taught how to operate it in a matter of minutes with a relative level of accuracy, and while it's no sniper rifle, it's the best of all worlds.

Pistol: .357 Mag revolver (any make would do...although I would take a Taurus Model 66 if I could). Very few parts, very durable, and easy to keep clean. It takes either .375 Mag, .38 or .38+P rounds and again, can be operated by someone with little to no knowledge of firearms.

Shotgun: Single shot NEF 12 Gauge. Again here, simplicity matters. VERY few parts, can be cut down or kept to length depending on application, and is a perfect platform for 12 gauge loads that are NOT intended for combat/hunting use (Such as flare rounds, solid slug or cotton-pack blank "noisemakers"). Easy to clean, lightweight and fits well for it's purpose since a shotgun shouldn't be your primary defence gun. That and it's perfect for small game and bird.

My take on things:)

12. 1) 10/22-Its more than powerful enough to feed my family and ammo is common enough that I would never worry about not having some around.

2) 995 (and its not a plug for the site)-Reason is simple, availability of ammo and the reality of how I would plan on surviving. Its drop dead reliable. It eats widely available ammo and eats it all well and its extremely accurate to 50-75 yards.

All of you planning to be "Rambo" and hauling tons of ammo need to think again. Those that scurry away and hide from the "predators" WILL last longer than the others. Not very macho but who cares. The 995 is a great close quarters self defense that I've shot and own.

3) 91/30-Ammo may be an issue, but they are also abundant for parts and stone simple.

3.5) Muzzleloader - If all society crumbled and all manufacturing ceased, at least you could make blackpowder and mold lead balls.

13. rodka

rodka Member

rifle= wasr 10

pistol= taurus pt1911

shotgun= maverick 88

14. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

dispatch55126 Read the first post please it's rifle, handgun, and shotgun. NOT 4 long guns :wink: :lol:

15. Sry-Already downed one bottle of Chianti and working on the next.

Pistol - Single Action Ruger in a 357 or 45LC

Rifle - 10/22

Shotgun - Break action 12 Ga. (Single or Side by Side)

As I said before, less is more.

16. Ari

Ari Guest

OK here we go

1: rifle is a Ruger NO#1 Scoped with iron sights intact .223

[​IMG]

2: Handgun is a S&W 617 22lr Scoped With iron sights still on board

[​IMG]

3: Shotgun Benelli M4 12g laid out just like this

[​IMG]

17. Ari

Ari Guest

That is a good idea I was thinking about this. It might have to be a flintlock

18. SharpsShtr

SharpsShtr Member

Rifle: M-1 Garand (.30-06)

Pistol: 1911 (.45 ACP)

Shotgun: 1897 Trench Gun clone (12 Gauge)

Matt

19. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Firestorm .380
    Ruger 10/22
    Maverick 88 - PG

ever had deva vu?

20. Sorry for doing this guys, but everytime I see one of these threads I think about Star Trek V, where the manic vulcan goes looking for God at the center of the universe:

In the first part of the movie, theya re at this "Planet of Intergalactic Peace" where their first step was to ban weapons, and the guys that were mining water in the dessert had made their own weapons out of whatever was available, and the first straggler that the vulcan comes across has a rifle using rocks for ammo that looks like it was made from galvanized pipe and spare plumbing parts.

Anyway, seeing the muzzleloader post makes me think a good old fasioned blunderbuss that you could load with powder and a handful of whatever debris might be laying around wouldn't be bad thing. You almost always have ammo, so all you'd need is powder.