Only in Florida

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by SWAGA, Jul 13, 2019.

1. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Two women who escaped from a North Florida farm belonging to “doomsday preppers” told police they had been sexually abused for years and held against their will by the married couple, who were preparing for the apocalypse by hoarding weapons and large quantities of food rations.

The women said they were prisoners of their caretakers, Mirko Ceska, 58, and his wife, Regina, 55, who were arrested Friday and booked into Wakulla County Jail on serious charges, including sexual battery and abuse.

The couple had “exercised custodial responsibility” for the women, but their exact relationship was not disclosed by the Wakulla County Sheriff’s Office. The women told police that the couple had “getaway properties” throughout the United States in the event of a major world disaster.

The women, who escaped the farm just south of Tallahassee on June 28, told police they had been trained to raise livestock, sew and operate a loom, and grow fruits and vegetables on the Crawfordville property. Their days began at 5:30 a.m., and they were prohibited from leaving the property or communicating with other people.

[​IMG]

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article232640787.html

yworrydog likes this.
  2. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Good they aren't on to me!!! My name was never mentioned...............

3. Jason Tucker

Jason Tucker Member

Sounds like they had a decent gig and got some good hands on experience.

RCS likes this.
  4. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Florida is getting creepy.

undeRGRound and Rabidwookie like this.
  5. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Nope read about similar things in other parts of the country. Florida is not unique, You should know that.

Rabidwookie and RCS like this.
  6. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Florida is not unique, You should know that[​IMG][​IMG]

7. Jason Tucker

Jason Tucker Member

I don't hate on Florida. I dig Florida. I know it gets LOTS of bad press. But a lot of it is due to non native Floridians. I don't know why but lots of people running from the law think it's the place to go. I lived in south Florida in the late 80s and it was full of Yankee snowbirds and Canadians and immigrants. I don't wanna be around that these days. I like north Florida around the state line where it's still expensive but pretty Redneck.

tomtull likes this.
  8. Zorba

Zorba "The Veiled Male" Member

Florida, Texas, and California!

9. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    They’re heading for the border...and missed that day in geography class when they would have learned the Florida doesn’t have a border with.....any other country, actually.

Rerun likes this.
  10. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    But it is just an inner tube ride away.

OldOutlaw and ajole like this.
  11. OldOutlaw

And if they don't have money, they can't stay! :D

Outlaw likes this.
  12. Bertus

Bertus Member

Maine
    I just found out my X in-laws moved from Sarasota to Austin. I think it is an upgrade:)!

OldOutlaw likes this.
  13. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Where were they before sarasota ?

14. Bertus

Bertus Member

Maine
    Austin...and just for the record, I really enjoyed my time in Sarasota, but I could not help notice all the crime and drugs:(
    Bradenton seemed to be the hot spot for drugs at the time, back in the early 2000's on the west/gulf cost. I have lots of stories...most of them sad:( but like I say, the fishing was good and the people friendly, and the food and drink by the sea is awesome!!

15. Oregon and New York rounding out the top 5.

histed and OldOutlaw like this.
  16. OldOutlaw

I would think so.

Bertus likes this.
  17. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Bradenton has always been an arm pit..............

Bertus likes this.
  18. Bertus

Bertus Member

Maine
    seems like there has been a few cases of "flesh-eating" bacteria killing people in Florida this year too...

19. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Red tide will be back too. State is over crowded and infrastructure is failing all over.

Greedy people don't care and cram it down everyone's throat............

20. Bertus

Bertus Member

Maine
    Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2019/07/ve...vaders-two-killed-two-arrested/#ixzz5tr1vHIsQ

The homeowner said one of the men had knocked on the door earlier, asking for help with a vehicle. The homeowner told him he could not help because he was disabled. Then he took a nap.
    Sunset in Summerfield on 10 July was at 8:30. A few minutes before sunset, at about 8:20, the homeowner heard a loud noise as the home invaders broke into the home. He grabbed his AR15 from alongside the bed. He saw one masked invader and fired. Another home invader fired back and was fired upon. One invader, 21-Year-old Keith Jackson, Jr. died inside the house with a semi-automatic handgun nearby. He was wearing a “Jason” mask from the Friday 13th movie series. He was also wearing gloves. The high temperature on 10 July was 91 degrees. Another, 22-year-old Nigel Doyle was found, mortally wounded, outside the home near a pump action shotgun.

The 61-year-old homeowner was wounded in the abdomen. The police found him in a bedroom with the AR15 type rifle across his legs. He has been reported in stable condition at the local hospital. A neighbor reported the 61-year-old was a veteran who often did target practice on his property. Some commenters were of the opinion the home invasion suspects should not have picked him as a victim. From ocala.com:

Rotorflyr, Merle and Rerun like this.