Oops

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by vettim89, Aug 22, 2014.

1. vettim89

vettim89 Member

I bought a 4095 and the dealer included a cheap after market BSA Red Dot sight. Well, I misunderstood the installation instructions and thought I needed to remove the top rail to install the Red Dot. When I did that I all of sudden heard parts rattling around inside the rifle - as I said, OOPS! SO the parts of course were the back up plates from the inside of the receiver cover that fell off when I removed the screws.

However when I open the gun up I found this floating around in it. I cannot find it any where on the schematic. It is obviously drilled to match the holes on the back up plate so I am pretty sure it goes beneath one of them. I tried several evolutions and cannot figure it out. Anybody have an idea where this thing goes. I email Mom and they told me to call factory. Unlikely I can do that before Monday and was really hoping to shoot this weekend

Attached Files:

2. the sarges son

the sarges son Member

Check an exploded parts picture. It should show you exactly where it goes.

3. YESSIREE

YESSIREE Member

It bolts to the rear of the shroud cover below the rear sight.

4. vettim89

vettim89 Member

??

On the inside of the carriage cover or outside? Also can you give me an orientation, i.e., offset portion facing toward barrel or stock?

5. vettim89

vettim89 Member

Dunno

I am not trying to be snotty here but if you look carefully the pic is of the piece sitting on the exploded parts view. If you can see it, can you give me the part number? I just cannot find it

6. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I'll do you one better since this has happened to members more than once.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. vettim89

vettim89 Member

You are my new hero

Awesome! That is exactly what I needed. I have been around a lot of forums and I will say this one is one of the best. Very little snobbery and actualy helpful information.

Thx to all who read and responded!!!!