Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heard on another board about some guys declaring forth of july open carry day. they have a topic on ar15.com, so what do you guys think. i might since i dont open carry that much.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Don't break the law, even if it is our right to keep and arm BEARS... or something like that.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Don't break the law, even if it is our right to keep and arm BEARS... or something like that.
I agree, however, if your state is like Tennessee then by all means open carry.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
az is open carry thats what i forgot to say, only do it if your state allows you too. and i open carried today and yesterday aswell.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
I beleive 40 states have legal open carry. Opencarry.org can help answer any questions any one might have about open carry and they have break down to each state. They also organize open carry events like park outings and things like that.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Mo is a Open Carry legal state but the local cities can throw you in the huskow for peace disturbance.

Until they pass a law here that says all communities HAVE to follow state law, it is not safe to do here.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I'll OC! After I get off work that is. Maybe I'll do it on Saturday also.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
heck i might as well do it all weekend

·
Registered
825 Posts
I find it amazing that an American citizen cannot carry openly in most areas. Maybe amazing isn't the proper term. I think repulsive would be a better description. The website opencarry.org is a good website for specific info and it is easy to find in the maps section.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
I find it amazing that an American citizen cannot carry openly in most areas. Maybe amazing isn't the proper term. I think repulsive would be a better description. The website opencarry.org is a good website for specific info and it is easy to find in the maps section.
Repulsive=cops harassing people for obeying the law while OC'ing.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well being very pro-gun on most things Florida does not allow open carry so I will being carrying concealed. Maybe I will carry an empty holster on the other hip.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
I don't want to blemish my record by being arrested. Its a no no in AR. Great idea though.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Federal law protects from local police and local gov. from creating laws to limit carry. I believe it is referred to as pre-emption. Opencarry.org can explain every thing better, they list your rights and most possible scenarios that police can try to use on you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I OC'd my C-9 to the fireworks and carried my wifes 38 concealed (she doesn't know I took her gun out so don't tell her). One guy I know says "Why are you packing heat?" I said "I always do, just that it's usually concealed", I was not sure what he would say and he says "I just got my permit about 2 weeks ago!". Cool, I had no idea that he had one. He said his grown kids didn't even know he had guns till a couple of weeks ago. No other comments though all night but a few stares.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Open carried all day(ususally do anyhow unless I want to CC, its my choice in IN) A couple of people asked what kind of glock I had, and I explained it wasnt a glock but an American made Hi Point. Maybe made some converts!!

G

·
Here in AZ: Open carry is allowed.
Now if you get pulled over, and have other occupants in the vehicle....
There is where the law gets murky. On top of all the "situations" that might have a occupant to access your firearm...
Then again, it seems to break down to the officer on scene, and how it will/might go. Sound like double talk yet? Oh, it gets better.....

But not for this, now. From that murky situation is the reason I chose to get my CCW permit.

I will leave it at that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts