Open Carry Holster

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by Oaktree45, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Oaktree45

Oaktree45 Member

This is my new open carry holster that I'll be wearing when I go hiking. Barsony offers these in Black or Woodland Green, I'm glad I ordered the green. I've always liked flap holsters for pistols. I do wish they would make one with a pouch for an extra magazine. I bought this holster for my Springfield XD-45 Tactical which carries 13 + 1 so it will have to do. My Browning Hi-Power fits this holster perfectly too.

IMG_0733_1.jpg

2. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Wear that around the house with a magazine inserted in the pistol for a while. Sit down, stand up, lean against things how you might normally do it. The reason I say this is that I deployed with an issued flap holster in '03, before it became a common practice to buy better equipment--before it was even broadly permitted in most conventional units. I had several occasions where my magazine release got depressed while my M9 was in the holster, and the magazine would fall out in the vehicle.

3. Oaktree45

Oaktree45 Member

That's an excellent idea. I plan to do that tomorrow. To be honest though the only time I plan to wear that holster is when I'm hiking so hopefully I won't have to worry the magazine release.

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I like the looks. Hope it works like you want.