Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
nice! i prefer the lee load all II myself but its a brand prefernce more than anything else. now comes the fun of getting together all the comensurate suplies, and then thinking about casting your own shot and slugs, and then thinking about a litlleton........

also check out www.precisionreloading.com Sd based reloading shop with PILES of shotgun stuff.

SW

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already started casting my own #4 buck shot (kinda backwards, I know), and I would realy like to have a littleton, but kinda cost prohibitive at the current time. Probably going to order a slug mold next payday. As for why I chose the RCBS mini grand, it is the only press I could find that would adjust from 2.75 all the way to 3.5 (I shoot all three, have even had all three loaded in the gun at the same time for goose hunting. My brother thought I was nuts, but I tripled out in one flock of geese)

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
i dont know of the loadall II does 3.5 or not. i know it does 2.75 and 3". for as much 3.5 as a shoot i just go buy a box about every three years or so. now i do wish they made a LoadallII in 10 gauge.

SW

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It doesn't do 3.5's and that was a requirement for me, as I am playing with some nontoxic shot ideas, that if they work, will be the cats meow for goose hunting (long range, hard hitting).

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pretty much standard non toxic shot materials, if the manufacturers would produce some #4 buck in thier HeavyShot lines, I would probably scrap the idea.

PM sent with a few more details.......

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
I have 2 MECs I got dies for 12, 20, and .410 Don't plan to need much new in the future. Just use commercial if for home defense.
I work at a vocational school that has a police range, the rangemaster said they have never cleaned out the traps, take all I want. I am looking at molds for all that I load. He can't take all my boolits away. I'll make more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts