Operating Handle

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by vette, Sep 14, 2014.

1. vette

vette Lifetime Supporter

Solution to preventing the Operating Bolt from loosening up ?? After firing rounds, it backs out . Frustrating having to deal with it..TOO much torque and it will not move??:mad:

2. menhir

menhir Member

Blue Permatex threadlocker?

I use it on my motorcycle and on other applications when I don't want something rattling loose but I don't want it bonded so permanently that I can't get it off when I want.

I'm assuming you mean bolt that holds on the charging handle on the carbine?
    If not, pay no attention to what I just said. :)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014

3. boicecf

boicecf Member

I had the same issue with my 995TS...recently while replacing the site rails with after market aluminum rails that called
    for Loctite Blue on all the screws I also put some on the operating handle when I re-assembled the carbine...so far so good!!! I also have history snapping off bolts by over tightening!!!

4. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Even RTV silicone gasket sealer. I use it on carb throttle screws on my slant. It shakes and wallows out the threads, changes the adjustments.

5. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I tried the blue but it failed also, but it might of been old.

6. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Or you didn't let it cure or not enough. Blue works, there are other varieties of locktight as well, just don't use the permanent stuff.

7. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

i found that spraying the charging handle plus the threads cut into the bolt assy with brake cleen or electrical contact cleaner helps keeps the charging handle nice and secure . Think what is happening is gun oil is seeping into the threads not allowing it to stay secured

8. boicecf

boicecf Member

Is there a torque spec for the charging handle??? Maybe I'll call their tech adviser in the AM!!