Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After drawing my pistol from the holster I find it a tad difficult to slide the safety off quickly. Once the cold weather hits here in Idaho, and I am wearing gloves, I anticipate even more difficulty in operating the safety quickly.

Are there any modifications that can be done to the safety so that it sticks out a little more, making it easier, and quicker, to slide the safety off? Or is this just something I am going to have to get used to?

Ken

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
IIRC a few of the guys have added a sort of safety extension by bending a piece of aluminum, sliding it over the safe, and adding a bit of reach. Can't remember how they secured it though. if you search it you might find something. it was quite a while back i think

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
you might want to remove if and see if you can bend it with some needle nose pliers. for a less rigged solution, you can drill a hole and tap it, then use a small hex bolt to put in there and loctite it.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
That was done by Muerte, so do a search for his posts and you should find it.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Again my thanks for all the information. Some really talented guys here!

I worked for Pachmyer Gun Works on 1220 S. Grand for several years; and Johnny Pachmyer was a pretty good buddy trying to show me how they accurized the 45s; but I was pretty much into revolvers then and didnt pay enuff attention. I could kick myself in the butt now. Still he did manage to pound a little knowledge into my thick head; that was a great place to work with all great employees; I was just a kid so they kind of took me under their wing. Even after 50 years have gone by I still remember their address by heart. Like the guy said "we get too soon old and too late smart"; sure does apply to me. lol
Ken

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
I think that saying could apply to everyone at different times in their lives. I know at 32 I can look back and see times when I could have used more smarts and less age.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.