Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw a used a Taurus Millennium .45 at my favorite hole-in-the-wall gun shop. It felt pretty good in my hand and pointed naturally and I've been wanting a compact frame .45. is the Taurus Millennium a mechanically sound gun? Is $275 a good priced for a used one?

Thanks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
is the Taurus Millennium a mechanically sound gun?
I say yes; I have one, it has never given me so much as a hiccup, it is my everyday CCW, I trust the life of myself and my family with it. Though I hear they had problems with earlier models.

Is $275 a good priced for a used one?
I say yes; I paid $339 for mine new.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went ahead and got it after reading some good online reviews. Got a really good deal, since I was trading in a Rossi .38 revolver I never really got comfortable with.

To be exact, I got a PT 745. Very nice compact .45. I've already put 50 rounds through it at the range. After getting used to the long trigger pull I find it to be pretty accurate for a .45. Not a lot of recoil for a polymer frame (but then I'm 6'3", 280 lbs). I like it and after a bit more range time to drill with it and once I get an appropriate holster, it will be my concealed carry gun.

Good day for me!

(and, yes, I'll post pictures when I get a minute)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Good job. I got one a couple of months ago and it is really nice. Had some problems with one of the mags, it was a little too tight near the top and wouldn't allow the cartridges to feed properly. All ironed out and it has been flawless.

I have feed it 230 grain FMJ, JHP as well as several types of 185 grain JHP without any feeding problems. It is my CCW at the moment.

Found lots of good info over here http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php, like how to move the mag release to the other side for lefties....and a ton of other stuff.

·
Registered
114 Posts
and once I get an appropriate holster, it will be my concealed carry gun.

(and, yes, I'll post pictures when I get a minute)
Mine carries nicely in a Crossbreed SuperTuck IWB holster and with the 745 being smaller by 1/8" in both length and width, although that's not very much, I'm sure it would be even a little better.

Let's see those pics!

·
Village Amadan
593 Posts
What a great deal! Elsewhere those pistols are $350 and up. Don't forget, just like HP, you're protected by Taurus Int'l lifetime warranty! Just be sure to enroll it.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the heads up on the enrollment! I just did that.

I just disassembled my PT 745...man, what a snap that was! So not the screaming fit that my 1911 is when it comes to dis/reassembly. Effing barrel bushings...

·
Village Amadan
593 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the enrollment! I just did that.

I just disassembled my PT 745...man, what a snap that was! So not the screaming fit that my 1911 is when it comes to dis/reassembly. Effing barrel bushings...
Can I assume you have the same disassembly latch that my OSS has? If so, I too love how easy it is to take down, clean and reassemble!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I have the PT111SS Mil Pro and it is a sweet pistol and my daily carry!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.