Opinions Wanted on This Video

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by TNTRAILERTRASH, Jun 26, 2015.

1. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I carry a Shield9 usually M-F to and from work. Now granted I would not walk into Walmart at 2am in West Nashville without my Glock 23 or 27. I do have 2 8rd back up mags for the M&P in my pocket and carry 7+1. I have the smaller mag first as it would be easy not to slam it home in a SHTF scenario. I do plan on getting the Magguts conversion to add +1 to all the mags.

This guy sounds like a dweeb "waiting for my GF to take the class with me BS. Just like my nephew telling me his wife got upset about him getting his. Man up and get it IMO. This video was a knee jerk reaction. Not knowing the capacity of G19 mags is unforgivable in my thinking..........Glock-Glock-Glock-Ruger-Ruger-Glock-Glock

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwjaPIPG0_s[/ame]

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Wait....you are griping about a pro-Glock guy?:eek: WTF.:rofl:

He's learning.

I live in a place where gangs aren't a big thing. Single stack will work for me.

If I lived where gangs were prevalent, like he does, I'd carry a higher cap double stack and spare mags too, surprised he didn't already understand that.

Not knowing how many a g19 carries...who cares. He knows he wants the 19 due to ease of carry, he knows it is higher capacity based on mags. That's what matters.

I just wonder why he isn't looking at the M&P double stacks...are they too big for him?

3. lsi1

lsi1 Member

i agree with ajole learning puts him on our side of the fence instead of the other side throwing rocks.

He says he grew up in Albany possibly NY he may think that the g19 holds 10 but can only hold 7.

4. TNTRAILERTRASH

Wait....you are griping about a pro-Glock guy? WTF.

Weird ain't it! Nice thing is you can go up to 33 with a back up mag with a G19. I can only go 22 with the .40 variety.

Not knowing about the M&P compacts first hand...........I have read the mag release button can be easily pushed by bumping it an the mag goes flying. Maybe that is fixed by now?

5. TNTRAILERTRASH

G23 factory mag 13 of .40. G19 15rds of 9

NY? geeeez............7? Geeeeeezzzzzzzzz

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I think that's only a problem for folks that try to get too high of a grip on the gun.

No personal experience either, but my Glock fanatic FFL and LEO cousin says they work fine in his department...except if the rear sights aren't secured right, they fall off and release a plunger or something that locks up the slide. Says they had 4 guns do it, so far, at the ranges.

But that could be operator error as they adjust them?:confused:

7. TNTRAILERTRASH

The complaints I read had to do with a holstered weapon ejecting the mag on to the floor of Walmart.....

8. He worries too much, he should know that it is against the law for criminals to have firearms.:rolleyes:

And criminals always obey the law.:rolleyes:

9. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    That's a holster issue, not a gun issue.

10. And he has admitted to being a criminal. CCing without a CHL is illegal in Texas after all. On TNT's complaint, I took my class for a pistol permit in NY against the wishes of my first wife.. During our marriage, she tried to get me to get rid of my guns and my Yamaha and Harley.

In the end, I was nice enough to help her pack. ;) This guy needs to grow a pair, and get his CHL on his own.

Second wife went with me to the range on our second date, and took the class the following month, with my mother, father, me, and my best friend as her references. didn't get a pistol until we moved in together, but she had her permit in the year leading up to that point. no reason his girlfriend should have to wait on him or take it with him at all. She is her own person, as is he.

Double vs. single stack. I carry either one, sometimes even both. Maybe even a revolver when the mood strikes, with a pocket .380 or 9 as a BUG with an extra Mag. I do not live in a combat zone, so I see no need for more. Yes, I live in a bad neighborhood, but it is far from the worst in the city. It is still enough so that I carry every time I leave the house, as do the LTCF holders in the household.

in some ways more is better, but in others it may not be. More ammunition on hand for a single weapon can be foolhardy at best if the weapon in question is not properly maintained, or worse, it fails to function for any reason, as this will not happen at the best time for the LAC 9 times out of 10. I double up with a primary and a BUG for just that reason, but also because I can arm someone I trust who is not carrying as well.

A double stack pistol, while a good idea in many ways, is not a magic pill that will save your @$$ on it's own. It will increase your odds of surviving, but a BUG will serve the same purpose just as well, if not better if one is tackled by Murphy's Law.

11. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Really? I couldn't even tell you what caliber that silly thing is. Nor do I care.

12. TNTRAILERTRASH

Coming from your sig you have Glock envy! :p

13. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Handled/fired 3 of them. A 9mm, .40S&W and a 10mm. They're absolutely not for me. I find them uncomfortable to hold and they don't have any features that I prefer in a carry piece.

The sig is a goof on this:

Attached Files:

14. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Humor is best served... Dri-PUP Style! :D