Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaing my marlin M60 today. After i got her all cleaned up i wanted to add a little bit of dry graphite to the inside of the receiver..well I ended adding alot to the inside of the receiver..dam squezy tubee. Is this gonna be a big problem. Should i take it apart and blow it out? Or should I just let it stay in there considering I got a good portion out. It went down into the main trigger assemble and action.
Any thoughts????

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
I was always taught when in doubt, clean it out. Others here might have more experience with this.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I have never used any dry graphite, so I wouldn't know what to do...other than to just take it apart and reclean it again. Some one should chime in any second about this. :blink:

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I would just take the receiver off the stock and blow it out by mouth. Should be fine. Let me know how the graphite works with regards to wear in the receiver housing. I use the Elmer's Teflon spray, that dries to a dry teflon film. If the Graphite works ok, that might be cheaper.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
shouldn't hurt anything! Won't have the type of effect that oil would!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.