Optic on a hi point?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by tone, Jan 23, 2015.

1. tone

tone Member

I have seen maybe one picture of a reflex style optic on a hi point pistol. Not many people try it?

I'm Thinking about getting a JHP to try it on along with some extra capacity 1911 mags. I've als considered getting a 380 comp to try it on. Why can't I g a C9 comp?

2. tone

tone Member

was it hard to get that to fit the HP rail? Nice btw

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  3. It's not an exact fit but it does work . There is a guide steel pin in the rail and u notice the slot cut out in the rail of Ur hi point? I pulled the pin from the rail and scoot it as far back thirds the trigger as I could tightened it down and removed rear gun sight

4. Lighthorse

Lighthorse Member

All most ready for some paint, yes its co-wittness.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  5. Lighthorse

Lighthorse Member

Had a hard time posting these pics, thats the reason for them not being in the same post.

Attached Files:

6. tone

tone Member

Awesome, sadly my hi point optic project is on hold. I Ordered a Ruger SR22 last night.

7. reverendg

reverendg Member

Slide mounted optics take quite a beating.

8. Lighthorse

Lighthorse Member

Yes they do, and the micro is a cheap one. 70.00 sight mark, its been on a auto 12 and beat pretty good. Thought I'd see how long it last on this 40.

Attached Files:

9. Very nice.. I tried mounting one of my red dots on my .45 jhp, but no luck.. :mad:

10. Lighthorse

Lighthorse Member

I've drilled and taped the front blade, belt clip, and this micro. The most helpful tip I can give anyone trying this is the metal on these older HP is SOFT. When I pinned the barrel on this JC you could feel a big difference when the drill bit hit the barrel.

11. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Yes. Zinc is a soft metal.

12. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Here's a little picture help for you fine fellows ;) ...and our viewers out there!
    I like the work done, hoping you have found some optix that will hold up!

Attached Files:

13. undeRGRound

INDY
    I would imagine you gave it a new lease on life, getting it off there. A 12g
    Shotty prolly hammers it harder than a semi-auto 40 cal. Just IMO...

14. Light horse Tht is a sweet setup bud

15. Lighthorse

Lighthorse Member

Totally inspired by failing eye sight.:(

16. undeRGRound

INDY

Very Nice on the Bull-Horn rear sight. Care to share how that is accomplished?

17. panfan75

panfan75 Member

@@

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

18. Lighthorse

Lighthorse Member

Get ready for a good laugh, its a dremel wrench. Yep, thats right the little wrench you get with your dremel tool. Removed the stock rear sight, it was the adjustable sight, bent the wrench in a (L) shape, to fit the old sight cavity, filed down to fit. Reused one of the old rear sight holes to fix it to the slide, filled the sight cavity with quick set JB weld. Wala, rear sight that Grandpa eyes can see. Front sight is off a 30-30 handi rifle.

19. Lighthorse

Lighthorse Member

Yep, thats what my eye balls look like.