Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CC was not charged so I guess i will wait till they come in, price seemed reasaonable. My ATI stock will have to wait for it's new home.
There are very few 995s out there these days, drought!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ive called all the dealers in my area and one out of 11 had 2 995s i asked him to hold them both for me and by the time i drove 15 minutes across town he had already sold one of them. i have since called the rest of the dealers to check on ordering another one for my father and i got the same response " nobody has them to get them from" :cantlook: I looked on gunbroker.com and they have about 5 or 6 995s and 1 4095. I guess hi-point is holding off on production maybe since there is the fear of the gun bans???

·
Registered
32 Posts
It doesn't make sense for them to hold off production for fear of a ban. It should be the opposite, taking advantage of the huge demand for them now, selling as much as they can before any ban. I've been waiting a month now for a 995. I called Hi Point 2 weeks ago and was told they would be back to normal production this week.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lets hope they do start pumping them out because it seems that alot of people want to own a hi-point and they are becoming hard to come by atleast were i live. if anyone is looking for Hi_point pictols Mid city pawn in decatur alabama had about 10 ranging from the 380 to the .45 they had a couple of the green ones as well. ^-^ i was there monday

·
Registered
34 Posts
i suggest you find one, otherwise you may be waiting a while, call around and only order when they say its in stock. some of these places online are just fronts and drop ship. in which case they have no idea if they can get it not ( they have no real stock)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, I spoke to a marketing/sales guy from Hi Point today to get to the bottom of the 'shortage' we are seeing. He said that Hi Point is shipping guns out every week right on schedule, they then go through a distribution network and out to the retailers. He just thinks the demand is up and as many are speculating, it iss due to upcoming pressure on black guns/assault weapons. I am cancelling my order on the backorder online site and grabbing the 995 w laser at the gun shop about 1/2 hour from my house, IF it is still there :'(

WISH ME LUCK, I should be installing my new stock by Saturday [email protected]##@[email protected][email protected][email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can vouch for the fact that the idea of a gun ban is actually making manufacturers go into overdrive right now. at our shop, we have quadrupled our gun part and accessory division. As for HP's temporary shutdown, I personally believe they are making an in-factory transition from the old style stock to the new one since it is supposed to hit the open market in about a month or so. If this is the case, they will be reorganizing the machines to make the new stock, and teaching their in house assemblers and smiths everything they will need to know about the new designs.
It sucks for those of us with carbines on order to wait, but if my theory is correct, it'll be well worth the wait. ^-^

1 - 8 of 8 Posts