Ordered Lee brand Value Turret Press Kit

Discussion in 'Reloading Room' started by lklawson, Sep 28, 2020.

1. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

So I ordered a Lee brand Value Turret Press kit from FS Reloading. It's on backorder, of course. Ordered the kit and a spare square ratchet. From amazon, a second turret, the primer system, the auto disk riser, and the long charging die.

I don't know when the press will come back in stock, but it'll ship when it ships.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

2. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    Back in June I ordered Lee Pro 1000 just to reload one caliber. I don't plan on ever switching it to another caliber

It came in mid September...about a 12 week lead time.

Rabidwookie, Rerun and lklawson like this.

3. res45

res45 BoolitMaster Member

NC
    Congrats on your purchase, I hope you get your new press soon. I bought my first new to me press in forty years about a month ago the Lee Classic Turret press and have been enjoying using it non-stop since, I've probably loaded around 1K rds. on it so far with no real issues but having to tweak a few things to make it preform better.

Instead of using the Lee powder dispensers, I'm having a friend who fabricates metal to make me a stand to sit over the back of my press to hold my existing RCBS Little Dandy and RCBS powder measurer and just drop powder directly using the Hornady powder drop die and funnel pictured.

Some good videos on tweaks, maintenance etc. https://www.youtube.com/user/TreeTopFlier/search?query=Lee turret press

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  4. Quavodus

Quavodus Member

Good looking press. I've been meaning to get me a turret. gonna wait till i get my equipment permenantly set up again.

res45 and Rabidwookie like this.
  5. ichthyo

ichthyo Lifetime Supporter

I have the new value press. It has been great. No complaints at all.

lklawson likes this.
  6. welderman

welderman Member

I bought my newest press back in April, Lee Classic Cast Turret press. I haven't had any problems with the press. But the other day I was loading some 357 rounds with IMR 4227 and I found that it doesn't meter well in the Auto Drum powder measure. So I'm gonna have to pull them down. But I did get some more 2400 for my 357 cases.

7. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Are you tapping the handle on the up stroke? That's what I do to keep a consistent throw.

Rerun likes this.
  8. welderman

welderman Member

No I don't. It started throwing charges that were 1 grain off. I'll have to re run a session and re-check it.

9. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I won't mention the name of the member who taped a "relationship enhancer" to his powder drum and let it run on the lowest setting to assist the consistency of his throws...

Rabidwookie likes this.
  10. welderman

welderman Member

The problem was it was set within 1 grain of max and a few of them were over max grain weight. So I marked them all for pull down. I was using my digital scale, so I'll do some test rounds with my beam scale

I do use the tapping method on my perfect powder measure. I haven't had this problem with most powders.