1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
29,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oregon Ballot Measure 114 would, among, among other things:
  • Require an ID to own and buy firearms
  • Create an "infinite delay" background check
  • Ban mags over 10 rounds (no grandfathering)
  • Ban some pump action shotguns
  • Create a searchable, publicly accessible, database of applicants.

NRA story:
Conservative Firing Line story:

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Every one of these violates SCOTUS decisions. NRA could be a big factor here, if Wyane could ever get his multimillion dollar finger out of his a$$ and do his real job. woun't happen thiugh

Reactions: Think1st and RandyB

·
Super Moderator
26,177 Posts
Did you see in NY, even if you have all of the permits that now you can't even add a firearm to your permit without having an interview with a judge AFTER you purchase it and the FFL holds it for you...

So you have to have the pistol permit, pay for the firearm and BGC, then fill out a long form application, get approved by the Sheriff, get interviewed and approved by the judge, THEN you can go pick it up... and then they'll charge you $10 to add it to your permit...

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,167 Posts
Somebody has to ask the SCOTUS the right question - one that addresses all the various laws that go against the 2nd Amendment.

So the SCOTUS can put everything right again, like it was all the way back to the beginning - 'shall not be infringed'.

Rerun

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Somebody has to ask the SCOTUS the right question - one that addresses all the various laws that go against the 2nd Amendment.

So the SCOTUS can put everything right again, like it was all the way back to the beginning - 'shall not be infringed'.

Rerun
And Cali, NY, NJ, Maryland and the other communist states will continue to ignore SCOTUS. Latest decision should have eliminated ALL permits in EVERY state - no permit mentioned in 2A, no permits in the early days. No BGC, no type and model restrictions.... Until or unless we get federal admin with balls there'll be no change. SCOTUS can rule, but can't enforce. [Edited to remove disinformation. My apology]

• Sad
Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
This is the one that supposedly got enough "valid signatures" to get onto the ballot for November sponsored by Lift Every Voice Oregon; a "grass roots" group funded by Bloomberg and Moms against guns groups... Oregon Firearms Freedom, Second Amendment Group, and Gun Owners of America have been trying to stop these people... they've(LEVO) continually tried to get enough signatures for this for the last 4+ years... Oregon's Secretary of State office handles the validation process. We (the gun owners and pro2A activists) have tried to get enough petition signatures for repealing SB914 (UBC,/ban of face to face "transfers" without BGCs, etc) and for recalling Kate Brown.. each and every time we have had 30-50% more signatures than required to get on the ballot, the SOS office claims they found "enough invalid signatures" to prevent the pro2A /anti Kate Brown Initiative Petitions from getting on ballot :rolleyes: we also have some lawsuits in the Oregon State supreme court but.... its the same Court that has said that Kate Brown has the authority to continue to use her Emergency powers long past the length of time laid out in Oregon Constitution.

·
Premium Member
36,857 Posts
How about an online, publicly available and searchable database of every politician that supports such nonsense?
That already exists. Voting in legislatures is public record.

The urban part of Oregon is so screwed up, they’re trying to lead the way into a progressive new age. The other 85% of the state with 40% of the population is ready to become part of Idaho or the state of Jefferson.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Yup.

Governors race is 3 way between an anti police progressive "Republican" Christine Drazan, a further left extreme Progressive Democratic Tina Kotek, and a former Democrat, now Non-affiliated, middle/moderate Betsy Johnson, who has consistently voted against the Party on gun bills.. yet....both D and R campaigns are focused on making sure Betsy loses.. why?

These numbers as of March 2022.. Unaffilated voters officially outnumber the Democrats for the first time. The Republican numbers are dwindling daily from people moving to Texas, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Florida, Tennesee and so forth.

Font Number Circle Screenshot

Its comical some of the ads and tweets... and some of the stuff hard liners are saying... those firmly in the Democrat camp are saying Betsy is a far right religious zealot, while those firmly in the Republican camp are saying she's far too liberal and is a clone of Kate Brown :rolleyes:

So yeah... wife and I are still looking at options of moving out of State but with the economy going as is... we might as well as wait it out and do home schooling/virtual schooling?

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
@CamoDeafie - If you're serious about home schooling (and I hope you are) there's pleanty of good info and help out there. Notsure how much of my PA info would be useful to your end of the country, but I'll do what I can to help if you want.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
@CamoDeafie - If you're serious about home schooling (and I hope you are) there's pleanty of good info and help out there. Notsure how much of my PA info would be useful to your end of the country, but I'll do what I can to help if you want.
We're talking with our case worker from Early Intervention program at Willamette Educational Services District; she thinks home schooling might be a good option. This coming fall we are doing small home group visits with other families with deaf peer children, mainly for socializing and interactions.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
We're talking with our case worker from Early Intervention program at Willamette Educational Services District; she thinks home schooling might be a good option. This coming fall we are doing small home group visits with other families with deaf peer children, mainly for socializing and interactions.
Sounds great. I know little about the specialized deaf programs, but I know your little swetheart will be better served than any public school could offer. And she'll pass on the indoctrination program. I loved my job, but the past three years has seen massive and, IMO, horrible changes in all the schools I know of - even the fairly conservative one I taught in

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Sounds great. I know little about the specialized deaf programs, but I know your little swetheart will be better served than any public school could offer. And she'll pass on the indoctrination program. I loved my job, but the past three years has seen massive and, IMO, horrible changes in all the schools I know of - even the fairly conservative one I taught in
Yeah, that politicizing, indoctrination is why we are seriously considering home schooling. In Colorado, in the Peoples Seat of Denver; there is the Charter school Rocky Mountain Deaf School; their pre-K/Toddler literacy program is awesome, some of which are in videos on Youtube. But because its a Charter school, its not quite free... and given its in frigging Denver..... 🤔

·
Super Moderator
26,177 Posts
Yeah, that politicizing, indoctrination is why we are seriously considering home schooling. In Colorado, in the Peoples Seat of Denver; there is the Charter school Rocky Mountain Deaf School; their pre-K/Toddler literacy program is awesome, some of which are in videos on Youtube. But because its a Charter school, its not quite free... and given its in frigging Denver..... 🤔
AND you'll only be 3 hours away from my glowing personality, plus I can take you pronghorn and elk hunting...

·
Super Moderator
26,177 Posts
Last weekend we were in Seaside. When I drove to do an errand in town from condo, I passed 3 to 5 elks just grazing on the grass next to the highway 101 in front of the elementary school sports field.
Not in season so they don't care. Welcome to hunting 101. Come legal season they'll be hiding on private land where they can't be touched.

Reactions: CamoDeafie

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Not in season so they don't care. Welcome to hunting 101. Come legal season they'll be hiding on private land where they can't be touched.
Also no hunting/shooting firearms(except in SD) allowed within city limits 🙄 but yeah, just about 20 minutes away is Clatsop Forest where hunting does happen, and often under 200 yards if one is a smart and good tracker

·
Premium Member
36,857 Posts
Also no hunting/shooting firearms(except in SD) allowed within city limits 🙄 but yeah, just about 20 minutes away is Clatsop Forest where hunting does happen, and often under 200 yards if one is a smart and good tracker
It has to be under 200 yards in the Clatsop. It’s a coastal forest, wet and thick bush. Not judging, some guys like that.

Find the antlers in this….no, there are none, but you see the problem.

·
Super Moderator
26,177 Posts
It has to be under 200 yards in the Clatsop. It’s a coastal forest, wet and thick bush. Not judging, some guys like that.

Find the antlers in this….no, there are none, but you see the problem.

That was NY's issue. Dense forests with thick underbrush. Most guys are slinging .300WM on 100y shots bragging about it being DRT...

Hell, even here they think it's witchcraft and sorcery because I start at 300y. Just amazed I'll take cold bore shots that far out without double checking at 100y first...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts