Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Good news!!! The house across the street from the Tweekerville Plantation has sold! They're refugees. Husband and wife bought it online and came by yesterday to look at it. They're from Oregon.

~Admin Redacted~

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
Do you purposefully make the most hyperbolic statements to draw attention to you? You're as ridiculous as the mole is on Facebook.

Your title AND post have been redacted and edited because there is no guns, politics, or religious talk in the lounge.

·
Premium Member
35,662 Posts
Where from in Oregon?

·
Premium Member
21,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where from in Oregon?
We'll find out. I think they flew home to pack. I'm glad we have some good ones moving in. he couple they spoke to are really good neighbors. I was glad they moved in too............except he's a Chevy guy.......... :lol:

·
Premium Member
21,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
35,662 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,600 Posts
Or they don't GAF what anyone thinks, and just love kids.

Not everything is a cult, a movement, or a club.
I'm just saying it sounds like they're a part of that movement. Doesn't necessarily mean they actually are. A lot of the churches and communities here in semi-rural/rural Oregon are fully supportive of that sort of thing, especially the Mennonite community.

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
Large families used to be the norm for any farming family or anyone that had lots of land or chores to tend to.
Yep. My girl in Texas has 9 total. 8 made, one adopted. Excited to add my two and talks about having 1 more (mine) so she can have an even dozen. I've known her for almost 18 years now, and this is the first time I've ever heard her openly discuss not having more kids...

Edit: She's the youngest of 10, born on the ranch, in the room that is now hers, mother died shortly after child birth, father never remarried. He oldest brother is 30 years her senior. 965 acre cattle ranch.

·
Premium Member
35,662 Posts
I'm just saying it sounds like they're a part of that movement. Doesn't necessarily mean they actually are. A lot of the churches and communities here in semi-rural/rural Oregon are fully supportive of that sort of thing, especially the Mennonite community.
My point was the "Quiverfull movement" is a made up thing, using a fictional character as a namesake, to try to pigeonhole a social norm that some people don't understand, in a way that completely misrepresents and denigrates it.

·
Registered
653 Posts
My point was the "Quiverfull movement" is a made up thing, using a fictional character as a namesake, to try to pigeonhole a social norm that some people don't understand, in a way that completely misrepresents and denigrates it.
Kinda' like that group called "The Promise Keepers" - men who are committed to faith, family, work, and America. They take a lot of criticism. But do we really need a group called that? I thought that was what most (not all) real men aspired to in the first place. I suppose we could form group called the "High Point Owners of America who will not jack your car, rob you, or shoot you in the head." I can see the T-shirt... "HPoAwwnjycryosyith.com" Join now!!

·
Premium Member
9,231 Posts
I suppose we could form group called the "High Point Owners of America who will not jack your car, rob you, or shoot you in the head." I can see the T-shirt... "HPoAwwnjycryosyith.com" Join now!!
It would probably just be easier to call the group "Problem Solvers."

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
Hey, as dumb as this sounds, I belong(ed) to a group of guys named "The Horsemen". Us bouncers usually run in to each other after hours at the diners and our fight stories tend to make the rounds. Well a group of us got tired of people trying to make a name for themselves by challenging bouncers or ambushing us after closing just because we did our job by throwing them out. There were 8 bars on State St, downtown, so about 30 of us got together and started making sure half of us were off when the other half were on and we would go out "drinking" and keeping an eye on our buddies. What got it all rolling was the night one of my guys got jumped in the bathroom by 3 guys. He got stabbed 3 times but managed to force the fight back out in to the hallway and get some backup.

We cleaned up State St. The thugs and punks started staying away and the better paid, higher end crowds started coming back around. Bunch of under age, drunk ass college kids ruining shit for everybody and the cops just sat in their cruisers laughing about it. So we did something about it. The idea started as a conversation between 4 bouncers and ended with 8 bar owners, 20 bouncers, and a half dozen cops working together.

It even got so the local 1% MC started watching our backs when they were out and about when some of us got picked up by other venues to work private gigs and concerts.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
21,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Reactions: adam01364

·
Premium Member
21,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Commie-four-ny-yay

1 - 20 of 31 Posts