Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 995 that appears to be original design. When you tear it down into components, I get stuck at the remove clip to remove bolt part. There is no clip. I understand you take out the punch pin at the rear crosswise. It does nothing. This thing was filthy when I bought it, I had to wait for the shop to compete the trade in transaction and bought it as the guy selling it walked out. I can't get it quite clean and the thing doesn't like to cycle as is. I CLPd it for a few days did what I could, and blew it out with gunscrubber. I got a lot of it. but it could use a real cleaning, and I can't lube it well either. Is this a lube lover? I have good old LSA from the Army, but need to get into it first.

Any problems with mags? All three of mine failed (dropped the bottom out) the first time out. They are sending me parts, but still, is this a known problem with the 10 rounders? Do the 15s do better since the butt of the mag is well clear of the pistol grip/mag well?

Jack

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
If it is in that bad a shape, I would suggest taking advantage of their No Questions Asked Lifetime Warranty. It's good no matter if your the 1st or 5th owner & they will fix it, upgrade it & send it back to you looking like new. They will also include any of the accessories that you might be missing & they usually will send you a FREE magazine to offset your shipping costs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts