Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least temporarily. I still have the Arisaka 6.5x50SR, but that doesn’t count. I am just keeping it for sentimental reasons.

I grew to like the 6.5 Grendel for it’s easy on the shoulder recoil and accuracy. But it had some flaws. First, I never did like the cartridge in the MSR platform. I’ll stick with standard .378 rim dimensioned cartridges thank you. Second, it’s underpowered. About the best you are going to do with 120‘ish grained bullets is 2500 fps. And the cartridge really needs a 24" barrel. I liked the cartridge a lot more in the bolt rifle. And while not a deal breaker, the Ruger American rifles I like so much are sized for short action cartridges. Putting a 2.26" length cartridge in it is about like putting combat boots on a fashion model. It works, but we can do better.

Anyways, both of my 6.5 Grendel chambered rifles are gone. It was a good time to sell. I might get another one. But it will be a micro sized action if I do. Both Howa and CZ offer their micro action bolt rifles in 6.5 Grendel. The CZ especially is a fine looking rifle.
Air gun Trigger Line Gun accessory Gun barrel

Maybe I will buy another American Predator. If so, it will not be a 6.5 Grendel. 6.5 Creedmoor maybe? I have never been a real fan of the 6mm caliber, but the 6mm CM seems to be the Belle of the Ball today. I don’t know if I really want another caliber though. Getting older and learning less can be more, and I am pretty set with what I have . Maybe I will just put the money back until something I really want comes along. Should that CZ American make an appearance at one of the local gun shops, well….let’s just say the temptation will be great. And who knows. Just maybe Ruger will have the Marlin XLR up for sale soon!!

Reactions: lklawson

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
I still haven't bought any ammo for my Arisaka.
I like my CZ 527, if their 827 is as nice it should be a fine rifle.

Why can't I attach any jpeg files? This forum and others under the same community groups are giving me an error.

·
Premium Member
36,163 Posts
Greg, at this point, I wouldn’t add any calibers. 6.5 is nifty, in various ways depending in the shell it’s loaded into, and the gun used.
But it’s not like there’s a hole in the arsenal if you don’t have one.

6 mm is making lots of people happy...but so is every other fast shooter from .25 to .280 caliber.

I’m happy with 5.56 in the little AR, I have 7.62x39 and .300 BO ARs if I want heavier bullets, plus the AR10’s.

Personally, I’m holding my money for that super cool rifle or handgun in a caliber I already have. That’s why I got the Sig. I’m kind of keeping my eye out for a deal on a P320 or a 226, a CZ P01 or 75, or a Ruger revolver, just because I don’t “need” anything. A crazy deal on a used Bergera or a Weatherby, or maybe a Ruger or Savage precision could also open my wallet. Of course, a CZ is always in the mix.

Point being....no need to jump right now.

·
Super Moderator
9,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why not a 6 BR that would be perfect for your low recoil and it would be awesome on them whistle pigs
I have the whistle pig game down.

I do like the BR cartridges though.

·
Premium Member
21,620 Posts
6mm ARC
Rectangle Font Electric blue Logo Poster

1 - 6 of 6 Posts