Out of the mouths of babes

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by Tyler-Durden77, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Tyler-Durden77

Tyler-Durden77 Member

Neighbor kid: We are playing psychopath games I found an AK47.
    Me: Those are illegal in Cook County.
    Neighbor kid: We're psychopaths, we don't care about laws!
    Me: So, what's the best way to stop a psychopath wit a gun?
    Neighbor kid: shoot him.

If a 11 year old gets it why can't our politicians?

2. Our politicians get it very well.

3. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    to wit: ...

4. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

That's why the politicians are teaching young kids to hate them....even in our schools

5. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    You live in CROOK County? ;)
    Slumming from Zero Hedge, I see :D

6. Tyler-Durden77

Tyler-Durden77 Member

Unfortunately I do live in Crook County, but my house is bought and paid for, the property taxes in my town are really low for IL, and IL firearm laws are not as restrictive as most people think. Chicago still has a strangle hold on Cook, but the rest of the counties are fighting back. I don't think it will be too long before the voting public (Chicago included) will put their foot down and say enough is enough we've tried it your way for too long and it has not worked. It's because of this that we now have a Republican Governor (even though the house and Senate are controlled by Democrats) Many (almost all) towns on the border of Cook and other counties have filed secession movements because the higher taxes make them undesirable to businesses. I like the idea of standing my ground to make things better.

7. I think the young kids are learning to hate politicians from their own families and as they get old from their own life experience.

Of course the age range of 'young kids' changes during to course of our lives. Years ago back home there was a neighboring farmer who was about 64, got up about 3:30 am and worked hard. Once I was talking to another neighbor who was 90+ year old.

The old guy said that Layton wasn't going to be a kid much longer and would have to slow down in the next 5-10 years. I was about 20 years old and wonder if he thought I was kid or still baby. I'd guess he'd have said I was still 'Wet behind the ears' making me a still a baby.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  8. histed

histed Supporting Member

Guess we're fortunate in my part of PA. Our local Rep is a goof, but he's a pro 2A goof. Our state senator just sponsored a CCW seminar, which I attended with about 500 of my closest friends. Very informative and very pro CCW. Now if we can just get them to take a chapter from Utah and allow teachers to CCW in school...

9. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Good story, but to answer your question? I would say an 11 year old tends to see things for the way they are, while a politician sees things for the way they think it should be. Someone ought to make that kid president.