Outpatient surgery

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by lklawson, Dec 17, 2015.

1. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

So I'm sitting here in the doctor's office, in a small room, waiting to have outpatient laser surgery on the bottom of my foot, yet again, in order to try to remove the plantar warts which are seemingly indestructible. The numbing was unpleasant but not as bad as it used to be. The nurse or technician or whoever she was used a pneumatic gun to pop in a numbing agent and then start of lancing me with many gallons of some other numbing agent. I can't feel my foot now, but that's a good thing. Looking forward to getting this over with.

Basically, I'm bored and playing on my phone to distract me from staring at the ceiling.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

2. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Hope no one says oops

3. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Go outside and do some extreme breaking videos while your foot is numb....

4. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

The smell of crisping flesh did set my appetite going though. Started craving BBQ and steak.

5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Great idea! However, I'm finding it hard to walk when I can't feel that appendage. Now I have to use a cane not only because I'm pretentious. ;)

6. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

That's what you get for reading Rachs hospital thread. Worry wart.

7. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

Try moving around on a gurney with both a femoral nerve block and spinal nerve block or trying to take a piss !!!

8. harleyboy65

harleyboy65 Supporting Member

I removed a planter wart with an exacto knife,never came back. I think I should have been a surgeon :rolleyes:

9. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

I got an injection in my middle finger of my right hand 2 days ago for trigger finger. The injection was a mixture of depo-medrol and novacaine. I also needed to get my Christmas cards done to get them in the mail on time. Ever try writing when your middle finger feels like a big, heavy log? I feel like I need to send out explanatory and apologetic notes to everyone explaining why their Christmas card looks like it was written by a kindergartner.......

10. histed

histed Supporting Member

Is this where we start the bacon jokes?

[​IMG]

11. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

We don't joke about bacon.

12. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

mmmmmm, bacon...

Attached Files:

13. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

No thanks. I think I'll stick with what I got. To be honest, I am the healthiest instructor at judo. I'm the only one who doesn't have any knee problems, many of which are basically blown out and reconstructed knees.

14. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Good thing they are in a safe sport like Judo, where injuries are rare....;)

15. moona11

Did you get warts from a dirty girl? If so I'm telling she who has your balls ;-)

16. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Tell me about it! It's WAY worse in other contact sports. However, judo is known for being rough on knees.

17. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Probably from a martial arts mats before I started wearing socks all the time.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  18. moona11

Good always wear protection ;-)

19. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Fixed that for ya..

20. moona11