outside diameter at the end of the barrel

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by evildoer, Apr 18, 2008.

1. evildoer

evildoer Guest

Hi all as you fine people can see this is my first post. I have been reading alot about how great the Hipoint carbine is and this weekend I will be putting a deposit down for a 995. But I need some help I own a chinese sks with a shortened barrel when i got it the rifle was missing the front sight someone tried to bubba it and left it as is. So what im trying to find is a new front sight for it. Could someone tell me what the OD is on your carbine. Is the 995 and the 4095 the same diameter? I thought i saw somewhere on google that someone used a front sight off a hipoint and it fit on a sks but i cant find the article anywhere any help would greatly apreciated thank you

O and by the way that protype stock for the carbine sold it for me I hope they come out with it soon because it looks F'n sick thanks again

2. 995 = .605 (on mine)

4095 = .660 (from a third party)

3. evildoer

evildoer Guest

thanks Bushman I have seen you are a major force for this forum. Have you heard of using the hipoint front sight on a sks?

4. Never though about it... guess I can try it on my SKS when I get home.

5. evildoer

evildoer Guest

Hey bushman that would be great if you could do that for me THANKS

6. Here are a couple of pics:

[​IMG]

As you can see you have a wide range of "diameters" to choose from being that the barrel is tapered after the original front sight and the bayonet mount.

[​IMG]

There might be a small problem being that the lowest seting on the front sight is still taller that the original SKS sight.... but that may not mater since you can adjust your rear sight to 4 or 5 and be on the level.

Hope this helps.

7. evildoer

evildoer Guest

Hey Bushman thank you for your time and effort. The Hi-point is quite a bit taller I might be better off just getting a scout scope mount for the rear sight and sticking a scope or a red dot on her. Shame someone would do that to a fine sks but i got her for less then a C note so i guess i cant complain thanks again ill post more when i get my 995 peace