Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone carry the p38 can opener with them ? I keep one on my key ring and also use them for zipper pulls on my packs . At one time they were plentiful , but since going to the MRE's they are getting scarce . Most of the time you can find them at gun shows . They also make a good screwdriver in a pinch .
Spot

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I have one in both my BOB and GHB, and one taped to the inside of the lid on the big rubbermaid tub I store my canned foods in. When I was at the beach this past week, I went to a Army/Navy surplus store, and he had a box of them sitting on his counter by the register, for $1.00 each... I should have bought some more while I was there.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
$1 each! Way overpriced, .69 cents is steep, but more reasonable, I buy them at .50 each....
If I could find them for that, trust me, I would pounce, but around here, they are non-existent. Kind of like .380 ammo...

·
Registered
367 Posts
i used mine today at work to open my lunch!
heck,i thought that i was the only one :cry2:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Almost asl my food stores are canned goods or dried goods so I keep these things everywhere I have one on my key chain one in my BOAT, one in my GHB, one in my FAK, and just floating around the house everywhere.

·
Registered
168 Posts
What about the P-38s VS P-51 anyone with any exp?

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
I have 3 in my hunting/camping gear and of course on every leatherman or gerber multi tool I own *I must have 10 of them* so I think I have plenty of them to get me by.

·
1,792 Posts
If I am correct I recieved one from ARI, However I find myself to be incorrect often....

Yes I have one on my key chain. have used it most often as an improvised knife, Well ever find yourself trying to use a key to cut some packing tape? Or bust a zip tie?

Have not used it as a can opener yet???

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have had on all my key chains ever since basic in 81.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.