Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

P64 Barrel

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  lklawson 
#1 ·
Has anyone replaced a P64 barrel? If so, what tools did you use? If a barrel press doesn't exist, what is the easiest way to get a barrel in?

#4 ·
The P64 is actually one of the nicer made ComBloc guns. Some of the better bluing I've seen from that stuff. But, yeah, it's still a ComBloc gun.

#7 ·
The presses I have seen say they won't work with a P64 :(

I thought I read somewhere that back in the day when P64's were just starting to come in, there were some 380 barrels and/or threaded barrels that people could change. I wonder how they did it?
I don't remember those for sale. Only those I remember were for Makarov pistols. Far too many call a P64 a Makarov when they should not. Even today many do. When in reality, they only had one thing in common. Both were chambered for 9x18 Makarov caliber.
I tried to Google P64 barrels just a bit ago. No reference to a new barrel at all.
Have you yourself done any searches for what you want??? Any results at all?

Reactions: ajole
#8 ·
I don't remember those for sale. Only those I remember were for Makarov pistols. Far too many call a P64 a Makarov when they should not. Even today many do. When in reality, they only had one thing in common. Both were chambered for 9x18 Makarov caliber.
I tried to Google P64 barrels just a bit ago. No reference to a new barrel at all.
Have you yourself done any searches for what you want??? Any results at all?
Probably should have noted this in the original post. I am in the process of rebuilding a P64. I bought a couple of stripped frames and been patiently waiting for a part kit(s) to show up on Gunbroker. Finally, got the parts kit I have the necessary components, I just need to put the barrel in.

I could be wrong, regarding alternative barrels for the P64. I missed the days of cheap P64s. Although I did get a nice cheap East German Makarov back in the day :)

And totally off topic, I really want a PSM :)

I really like 9x18. Still need a few more to finish a 9x18 collection.

I have posted this question to this forum, the P64 forum, the gunboard forum (on a recommendation from the P64 forum) and a Facebook group that focuses on Makarov's and Warsaw Pact Firearms. I have also spent some time searching the above forums, but haven't found anything.

I have not found anything other than barrel presses for Makarov's. I am wondering if you could hammer (with a rubber hammer) the barrel? Or I wonder if I could get a Makarov barrel press and find a way to make it work?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.