PA-63 C.A.I. Typo?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Zone' started by unclerob, Feb 8, 2008.

1. unclerob

unclerob Member

Yesterday, I cleaned all my handhelds. In the process I happened to notice that my PA-63 made in Hungary by FEG was not marked as such, but rather "FEB HUNGARY".
    I called my buddy that bought his at the same time I bought mine and his is marked correctly.
    I did a quick internet search and found a "FEB PA-63" for sale on one of the gun auction sites.
    C.A.I. typo, no doubt. So, if you have a C.A.I. import, look at it close.

[​IMG]

2. Does this increase the value of the weapon itself or no?

3. That's interesting. I don't think I've seen that before. maybe that's like having a 3 legged buffalo nickel or something. :)

4. Ari

Ari Guest

Oh that it just means that it was made in the month of February :wink:

5. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Classic Burn, +1 Ari...
    Anyways, it has to increase the value of the firearm... maybe.

6. I dont think a typo would increase the value on a PA-63 too much because they have been imported by the thousands for years, and the markings were done by the importer and not the manufacturer.

Maybe it would have some added value in 50-75 years, but I doubt it would be much of a collectors piece even then.

7. unclerob

unclerob Member

The only added value I see at the moment, is in the fact that I can readily identify my PA-63 out of a line up of many.
    Even if the S/N is scratched off by a lowlife, I doubt they would have the smarts to know about this unique marking.
    Still, cool to have something fairly uncommon.

8. Space

Space Member

NH
    Doesn't have the proper import marks.

Send it to me and I'll destroy it for you.