PA mayor denies protection...

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by histed, Jan 7, 2016.

1. histed

histed Supporting Member

to the NRA gun and outdoors show next month.

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/01/harrisburg_forbids_police_offi.html

Just thought all of you should know. This will probably end up in the dark room, but I don't have access there. The NRA does have a suit against Harrisburg for 2A violations, so this sounds like revenge to me. What's next - no police protection for Republicans, hetros or fat white guys?

2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Yes you do. You submitted an article for review that was approved by the staff.

3. It'd be interesting to know the actual language of the original agreement but according to the article the NRA agreed to "keep a portion of its fundraising proceeds in the region", which they appear to be doing. Funny how a politician reads that as 'give it to me'.

FYI for those unfamiliar with the situation, the reason the previous promoter failed was because in the wake of Sandy Hook they banned so called 'assault weapons' from the gun show. In response to that over 1/2 the vendors pulled out and they had to cancel the show, which generates a ton of money for the region. The NRA came in and took over the following year. Guess their 'contribution' and millions of dollars pumped into the local economy isn't enough for Papenfool.