Paint filled etchings

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by Irishfanatik, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Irishfanatik

Irishfanatik Supporting Member

In the last couple of days I have filled the etchings on my 995ts with white paint. I think it looks really sharp, but I thought I saw that someone had painted the lettering white and the triangle red. Am I just imagining this? If someone did it, I would like to know how it was done. I'd also love to see anyone else's paint filled etchings. It was my first time trying this. Now I think I will do it on several other guns.

2. Irishfanatik

I like the way the white letters look, but still wonder where I saw a red Hi Point triangle.

Attached Files:

3. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Dunno, but using more than one color isn't too difficult. Be careful, take your time, do it in sections and be prepared to fix a boo boo or two. Or you can take the easy route and mask off with painters tape.

4. cicpup

Vermont
    Check any of the numerous custom HP threads. Color fills are like freakin' Tribbles around here.

5. Irishfanatik

I have looked all over. I just don't remember where I saw them. I think I'm going to try adding another color. It's fun being excited about a gun. That hasn't happened in a while. I'm thinking about starting a collection of hi points. I have many other guns, but only a few by each manufacturer. I own 3 sigs, not exactly a collection. I could actually afford to start a HP collection, and so far, I love the one I have.

6. cicpup

Vermont
    Don't go there. It's a never ending quest.

7. Irishfanatik

I definitely should buy a pistol so I can form my own opinion. My 995ts is the most fun I have had with a firearm since I got out of the Army. I have heard bad things about the pistols for years, from people that I'm beginning to doubt. After watching more reviews on YouTube for the pistols than I watched before purchasing the carbine, it's clear that I need to just buy one. Whatever HP gun gets the most comments in the next two weeks is the one I will buy. I know this is silly, but it beats making a decision for myself, and I can tell my wife that the popular vote said I needed to buy a gun. Not my worst idea.

8. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

Get a C9. They are inexpensive and shoot the same rounds as your existing 995.

9. Just ask Melvin. LOL

10. Irishfanatik

I don't think I could ever go as far as Melvin. I would love to see his collection in person. I don't think I could sell my wife on a collection like his, as amazing as it is, I don't think she would understand.

11. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I had few friends & relatives over for the holidays. I should have taken pictures of their faces when I showed them my HP collection.

1) Couldn't believe how many guns I had?
    2) Thought I was starting WW3?
    3) Thought I was NUTS?
    4) What a waste of $$$, & how many people I could have fed with that $$$?
    5) But, one 70+ yr old lady (retired school teacher), whom I had never met before (friend of a relative), who just started shooting a few years ago, thought it was GREAT! She said she had never heard of HP's was going to have to catch up with me?

12. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Hey baby, wanna come over to my place and look at my etchings? :D

13. Irishfanatik

I will have to remember that line. Chicks dig etchings.