Paint jobs, mods and favorite carbine pics

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by BT Sniper, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Re: Paint jobs, mods and favorite cabine pics

There was a lot of talk if that was photoshopped or not, I can't remember if we ever came to a definite conclusion.

From my photoshop experience, I'm going to venture to say it is, if it is proven not to be, I will apologize to the very talented maker, lol.

2. xerobccp

xerobccp Member

Re: Paint jobs, mods and favorite cabine pics

Well see, i was wondering that too because of where the stock is its got a massive glare which looks to me more like a cover up for some discrepancy, but I'm not sure.
    Also, theres a strange vertical line at the upper left corner which magically cuts off right after the bottom of the barrel, and if you look right after the trigger guard (to the left) theres a vertical line on the table under the weapon itself. Which looks to me like someone combined two pictures.

I agree that it is a good photoshop job, but some part of me would like to believe that hope remains.

3. Re: Paint jobs, mods and favorite cabine pics

I have those same kind of vertical lines in photographs of my guns because I photograph my long guns on the laminate floor in my living room. That's what that looks like to me. However, I believe it's a photoshop for other reasons. Directly above the pistol grip there's a horizontal erector set doohicky that just doesn't look right to me. That doesn't look like a very user friendly adaptation. It looks awkward and contrived and poorly engineered. My two cents.

4. Anon626

Anon626 Member

Its not a photoshoped job, Ive seen pictures of the guy actually holding it for the camera. I cant remember where I saw it but its real.

5. Re: Paint jobs, mods and favorite cabine pics

Those can be photoshoped too, just saying. I doubt someone would go to the trouble, but trust me, give me a picture of you and I can make you carved into the side of Mt. Rushmore. I've photoshoped a guy into a car, and a bunch of other stuff, and I'm not very practiced. Experienced people can take a shitty photo of someone, and have them doing a handstand while eating a burger and juggling with their feet. Its amazing what can be done.

6. xerobccp

xerobccp Member

I understand that you could get lines for reasons like that, but nowhere in the rest of the picture is there any lines to indicate different pieces of wood, and that line magically cuts off. That's just what it looks like to me I suppose.

It looks nice enough anyway.
    Can anyone recommend a good stock for accomplishing such a task?

I know someone said you just use some ace parts, but does anyone know of a specific one which would be ideal?

7. ApexCypher

ApexCypher Member

No apology needed. But now that you mention it its definitely a photoshop!!! Gives me some good ideas for what I can go for though. Thanks.

8. Re: Paint jobs, mods and favorite cabine pics

I recently came across another forum where the owner of the tricked out 995 in question posted "in progress" pics of this build. It's made from Airsoft parts. I was impressed until finding that out. Nothing like putting toy parts on a real firearm...nice and safe! :cantlook:

9. Re: Paint jobs, mods and favorite cabine pics

There's a thread on this forum about doing that very thing. Entertaining reading, as I remember. :laugh:

10. 0uTkAsT

0uTkAsT Member

Here's my 995TS so far... I also have a Konus red/green 4-reticle sight and five extra magazines for it that aren't pictured.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So far it has a Grip Pod, NcStar AQPTF flashlight, Brunton Echo 1.5-5x20mm scope, UTG 3-point sling, and AccuShot 1-piece mount installed. I'm going to give the receiver a flat black DuraCoat job in the near future.

11. GrOuNd_ZeRo

GrOuNd_ZeRo Gun Fanatic Member

I like your setup 0uTkAsT, I was thinking of getting a scope for my 995 but I can't decide on what's overkill for a 9mm carbine.

12. 0uTkAsT

0uTkAsT Member

Thanks! A 1-4 power would be ideal, but I had this 1.5-5x laying around from another build and decided to give it a shot, and it's working perfectly for me so far. The Brunton is a great scope.

13. Re: Paint jobs, mods and favorite cabine pics

very cool set up, i might have to mod out my front sight like that till i decide on a barrel shroud....

14. mar57718

mar57718 Member

Wow thats alot of great posts all I have to do know is decide which of all of those I want to do.....decisions decisions!!!

15. 0uTkAsT

0uTkAsT Member

Thanks. It looked a bit goofy in those pics because the straps for the 3-point sling were still on it but I had the sling itself off... I'll have to take some more next time I have it out.

16. Re: Paint jobs, mods and favorite cabine pics

i actually went out and hit the ole my fsb with bench grinder ....came out pretty good...ill have to pick up some flat black spray paint and sand it down by hand a lil bit more and it'll work out pretty good....i almost cant see it at all through my red dot....[​IMG]

17. 0uTkAsT

0uTkAsT Member

That looks good. I'm keeping my FSB intact in case I want to go back to using the irons plus a T-1 Micro, which seems to be the best practical setup.

18. Re: Paint jobs, mods and favorite cabine pics

yeah, i happened to have a couple extra 995 fsb's left over from a sks mod that didnt work out....so i still hav

19. xerobccp

xerobccp Member

[​IMG]

I didn't like having the front sight on with any optics at all cause its just pointless and I also didn't like the look of just the open fsb without the post and I definitely didn't want to grind it down for if I ever decided to use my irons so I went to Dunhams, and got this sight so I didn't have to remove it altogether which looks goofy to me.

sorry about the not-amazing pic quality, my blackberry wasnt agreeing with me lol.

hillcogolfer likes this.
  20. Re: Paint jobs, mods and favorite cabine pics

It's really amazing, how many guys take pics of their carbines in their socks . . . ^-^