Painted my 4595..

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by MenTaLPiRacY, May 19, 2016.

1. MenTaLPiRacY

MenTaLPiRacY Member

Hello all. I am new to the forum but have been lurking a while and have enjoyed my Hi point carbine. When i was shopping for a rifle i thought it wold be perfect. I saw the desert camo one they had but i didnt like the colors so i decided to paint my rifle. I decided to do gray, black and dark gray. I had some hiccups but i like the way it turned out.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. rmuniz9336

rmuniz9336 Member

Looks nice. Been thinking about doing mine like that. So, how did you do it. Did you use a sponge to dab the paint, or how did you do it?

3. MenTaLPiRacY

MenTaLPiRacY Member

Just spray paint and digital camo stencils. I used a primer for the light gray. You paint it then stencil it. Then repeat with different colors. The issue I had was the vinyl stencils I used would start to peel up. After removing the stencils I clear coated it 3 times. It cost like $25 to do.

4. thundercroozer

thundercroozer Supporting Member

Really nice looking,, I'm not really crazy about HP's Desert Camo,, but this I like..

Now on a side note,, you state that you have been lurking here for awhile,, you have first hand,, seen what a loony bin it is,, and you decided to stay,, proves that you are just as nutty as the rest of us..
    WELCOME

5. MenTaLPiRacY

MenTaLPiRacY Member

Ha. Thanks guys. I say a while but it's been a couple months. I signed up with another I'd but it would not let me post and I couldn't get a response so I tried again and it worked.

6. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I wanted a different look on my 4595 also.
    These are all 3 4595's.

Attached Files:

7. Recoman

Recoman Supporting Member

I'm thinking of getting a 3895 carbine for my daughter. She is a big-time Star Wars fan. I showed her a pic of someone's, (don't remember right off) matching set of white guns, 40's or 45's. She loved them,:eek: hence thinking of the 3895 with a "Stormtrooper" paint job. What is involved in prepping the TS stock for a white paint job? And would a few clear coats also help? Lastly :rolleyes: is Krylon the best paint for the job? Thanks in advance. :confused:

8. Looks pretty good! Nothing crazy, but different.

I'm beginning to really love the hi points because despite a small aftermarket, everyone has a way of making it their own.

As others have asked what kind of paint and clear did you go with? You'll have to keep us updated with how it holds up, especially around the grip.

Welcome to the forum!

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :welcome:mentalpiracy!!!

Nice work, now get the drum setup, for more than 9 shots before
    a mag change :D :cool:

Attached Files:

10. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    PS: What is this optic?

[​IMG]

11. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Use flat white as your final primer coat.

No clear on white. Unless you actually want the same color as a manila envelope in a few years.

12. Recoman

Recoman Supporting Member

13. MenTaLPiRacY

MenTaLPiRacY Member

I didnt prep the stock. just wiped it down with alcohol to make sure no oils. I painted it with first color which was primer. The hiccups i talked about was i used Krylon MAXX flat black for the 2nd color. The vinyl stickers stuck like crazy to the black spray paint. Mind you i am applying stickers after letting it dry 24 hours. I think if i do end up repainting the metal part of the gun it will be some cheap spray paint for black. The final color was dark gray and after letting it dry 24 hours applied 3 clear coats within 24 hours. I think it will hold up ok, but this is why we buy toys to play with them and to see what works and what dont. I probably messed up using one of them, hell i dont know haha..

Ha! Nah its ok.. i only load my rifle 5 rounds at a time at the range. I feel it helps me save money!

It was on ebay,
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tactical-Ho...935722?hash=item3f5c63102a:g:bAoAAOSw9mFWHNr-

It is ok.. it works. but i havent been to the range enough without taking it off and messing with it to see if it gets out of alignment on its own. I love the red and green dot. But for $23 its pretty cool.

14. MenTaLPiRacY

MenTaLPiRacY Member

My gut was telling me to use the Rustoleum camo black but i went with the supermaxx flat black and it was a pain in the ass working with it. But these are the ones i used. As far as the clearcoat goes. I love that it doesnt feel sticky or anything. I think its going to work out. If not i will get a grip sleeve or tape..

Attached Files:

15. MenTaLPiRacY

MenTaLPiRacY Member

Range report: ran a 50 round box through it. Paint never got sticky. Never felt like the paint would rub off. In fact the front rail by the front sight was rested plenty of times on a rest and it didn't scratch it. Very happy. My dad had a blast shooting it too! ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1463983005.912791.jpg

16. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

That is worth it's weight in gold!!!