Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys so this isn't my first post actually, I got rid of the e-mail I was using and had to create a new account! Bummer dude. Anyways I've been part of the HP faithful for almost a year now and as addicted as ever, next purchase will be either the 4095 or 995 I think. So while I do love my .40, I decided she needs a facelift. Yesterday I broke her down and started the painting process. After much thought and looking into what you guys have done I decided to do one I hadn't seen yet on her, desert sand/tan. Now the only problem was trying to find the Krylon paint in Khaki (which I never did). Lowe's didn't even sell the Krylon and Home Depot only had black and white. I did find a local hardware store though that carried almost the full line including the Hunter Green which I did think about doing for a minute or two but I've had my heart set on the Khaki/Tan for awhile now.

So I did end up finding some Desert Tan in a local hobbyshop and home I went to start the project! First I put on several thin coats of white primer on all of the polymer parts to make sure the tan really bursts. Then today after getting home from work I started the tan process on both the grips and frame as well as the slide. She's about a day or two away from being done and oh man is she gorgeous! I need to lay down another coat of tan tomorrow then put a layer or two of satin clear coat to protect the tan and I'll be able to get her all back together for the big reveal! Sorry guys no pictures until it's done but I wanted to get everyone excited for this one!! I'll keep you all updated over the next few days and let you know how it's going!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I know you want pictures.......everyone will that's why I put this on first to tease and keep you all excited! Bwahaha evil I know

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sounds awesome, I've been thinking about doing the exact same thing.

·
Registered
172 Posts
That sounds cool, hope to see some pics soon.
After reading this, I had a thought, has anyone painted their pistol
the new digital desert camo?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright so update time. The slide is done and looks awesomeeee. The polymer parts (everything else!) are almost done.....the first paint I used sucked and was coming off too easy so I had to strip the paint off and I finally found the Krylon Fusion in Khaki so I've got one more coat to put on in about 20 minutes and she'll be ready to get back together. I'm charging my camera battery as we speak so I can get some pictures on here asap for you guys to enjoy.

·
Banned
401 Posts
Alright so update time. The slide is done and looks awesomeeee. The polymer parts (everything else!) are almost done.....the first paint I used sucked and was coming off too easy so I had to strip the paint off and I finally found the Krylon Fusion in Khaki so I've got one more coat to put on in about 20 minutes and she'll be ready to get back together. I'm charging my camera battery as we speak so I can get some pictures on here asap for you guys to enjoy.
Where are the PICTURES, WE NEED PICTURES OF THE WHOLE PROCESS!!!!

Arrrrggggg

:devilsidesmile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.