Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
there might be a thread about this already idk but how do you guys put cammo on your guns or do you send it to a place that does it for you
Ive never personally done it, but look around here, tons of guys have with great results.
Most seem to use krylon fusion, since it bonds to plastic, and most do a really good job.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I used Krylon Fusion, cleaned with rubbing alcahol, let dri, then put on the tan base coat, then made cutouts, and painted the other colors, taking plenty of time between applications, then let dri for a couple hours under a heat lamp, about 20 or so inches away. For the C9, and JHP 45, same thing, they are holding up great, they are scratchable, but I use them a lot. Shooting/gripping dosen't bother them. Jim <><

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Darn, now I have to get a 995 classic to rouse my artistic juices and see what I can come up with. I just don't think my 995TS would look good painted. But maybe a nice desert sand appearance might work. I'll have to think about that. :thinking:

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
anything looks better than basic black. it's only friggin paint, it comes off.
Yup, also goes for covering crappy wood stocks.

·
Registered
855 Posts
http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php/topic,21706.0.html
http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php/topic,20247.0.html

I have done my Marlin Model 60 and 917V the links are above. Took the .17hmr to a gun show and gave out my number to a few folks interested in haveing there assault rifles done. I start with complete teardown and clean every piece. Remove all powder coating and contaminants. For wood stocks, strip, sand and run Killz over it. For synthetic just use Krylon Fusion in flat camo colors because Fusion bonds to plastic. Use self etching primer on all metal pieces to be painted. Follow the directions for the paint, primer, and Killz. Reassemble without the guts and stuff the cavities with paper towels. I like to stripe tan and green the length of the gun. I lay out whatever foliage, leaves ect. where I want them on the gun and use the black to spray over them. Holding the leaves down and spraying over them with a medium coat of black to get nice sharp lines. After the final coat is dry I clear everything. Hope this helps and maybe gives a little inspiration to your project. Any questions just ask, Im always happy to help.

·
Registered
855 Posts
LOL Yeah the signs might bite me. However I pulled them out of the dumpster in a private community my mother in law lives in a few months ago. All they can do is take hem away.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts