Painting

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by ddaratt, Nov 30, 2014.

1. ddaratt

ddaratt Member

I'm new to this forum and I'm thinking about paint my C9. I'm thinking about painting the slide and grips.

My question is what is the best paint to use on the slide and and grips? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. 0311

0311 Member

I'm in the process of painting my JHP. Using Rust-o-leum, flat Khaki. Hope it turns out ok. Will post some pics when it's finished.
    I've used their CAMO paint on a few projects, & it seems pretty durable.
    Krylon, ( Fusion?), is another one that comes to mind. Supposed to be good for plastic.
    Lots of threads on here about painting. Some are very nice. I admit I sort of stole some ideas for doing mine.

P.S.

Welcome to the forum from the Great Lakes State.

3. jcwit

jcwit Member

I happen to like the stock look but others may feel differently.

I did paint my grips with black texture paint by Rust-Oleum.

4. ddaratt

ddaratt Member

I ended up not painting the slide just the grips. I like how they turned out.

Attached Files:

5. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Not too shabby!...... Welcome to the forum

6. ddaratt

ddaratt Member

I went ahead and did the ejection port or whatever its called. I think I found the right contrast of light and dark.

Attached Files:

7. Grant

Grant Member

Looks great.

8. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

I like that color. :cool:

9. ddaratt

ddaratt Member

Thanks guys. The wife got mad and told me to stop spending so much time painting.

10. 0311

0311 Member

Lot of work getting the slide polished. But it was worth it I think.

Attached Files:

11. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Clean up your edges. Then it'll be worth it.

12. Challenger76

Challenger76 Member

I wanna polish the side of my 40, like yours, what did you use to make it so shiny? Dremel? I used a Dremel to sand down my ejection chamber and it looks better than being black, but wasn't able to give it that smooth shine like you got.

13. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Krylon paint is what your looking for.

14. 0311

0311 Member

Bad eyes, didn't see it. Was just a little bleed through from around the tape. Will use a better quality tape next time. Wiped right off with my finger nail.

Haven't had much time to look at it that closely. But here is another area that could use a touch up.

Attached Files:

• top.jpg
      top.jpg
      File size:
      39.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  15. 0311

0311 Member

Most of it was done by hand. Started out with a small sanding block & 150 grit paper. Once all of the black was gone, I used progressive grits up to 400. Then did some polishing with the Dremel & some polishing rouge. Couple coats of chrome polish & it was done. Unless you do the whole slide, mask off the areas you want to stay black, or paint.
    Being my first paint project, I'm pretty happy with it. If I do another one, I would keep going up on the sandpaper to 1200 grit before Dremel.
    There is a lot of time involved.

16. ddaratt

ddaratt Member

I cleaned up the area where the tape moved and it looks a lot better now