Palmetto FL gunshow 1-30-2016

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Dane, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Anyone plan on going to the show this weekend in Palmetto? I hope to make it one of the days this weekend.

2. desertrider

desertrider Member

I'm jealous.:(

The last decent gun show in California took place in 1999.

3. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    A picture of the show.

I saw a mech tech for a glock 21 there for $300.

I was disappointed in pricing seen.

Attached Files:

4. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

That's the way it's been for a decade or so. It used to be you could get good prices at gunshows, lower than in the LGS. But the word got out and everybody started looking at gunshows. When vendors realized that, they popped the prices back up to retail (or over! :eek:) and now depend on uneducated buyers buying at retail prices. I don't go anymore. Last one I went to, ims, was 8 years ago, right after "O" won the election but wasn't yet sworn in. She Who Must Be Obeyed directed me to go buy a quantity of ammunition. It was, perhaps, just a wee tiny bit cheaper, but not very much and I still had to subtract the entrance fee.

When I was looking to sell my Nazi Mauser a few years back, I took it to a permanent gunshow in a flea market. Several vendors were interested but lowballed me by about 40-50%, ims and wouldn't haggle. Look, I know they're in business to make a profit, but that much is insulting.

Gunshows are just not worth my time now.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

5. MadJack

MadJack Supporting Member

That looked nicer and bigger than the one we had on Ocala a couple of weeks ago. No real deals to be had here either, the pricing was at regular retail or higher.

6. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    I thought of MaryB when I saw this laser engraving!

Attached Files: