Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here is the problem:

I have a utility trailer that's equipped with hubs that are 5 lug by 4 3/4" and I can't seem to find any hubs, bearings, or a rim for a spare tire. I need to get these parts so I have at least 1 extra hub, new bearings in the ones I already have, and a spare tire before I leave for Alaska. I am fine with having to order the stuff, but I can't find anything within my price range.

Some help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and a reputable source would be great. I am not going to order parts from some fly by night website that doesn't have the proper credentials.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
maker of the trailer please?? also tire size please.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
5 lug by 4 3/4"
That is standard GM bolt pattern, I'm not sure what size wheel you have, but go to a slavage and yank a spare off something in there.

As for bearings, take out the bearings you have now (BE NICE TO THE SEAL!) clean up the bearings and save as much of the seal as you can. Take them to a parts store, any decent counterman can match them up. I know, because I've done it 100s of times when I worked there.

I'm guessing the hub is the type that slides over a splined axle as is held on by a flimsy C-clip? Or is it the splindle type? Either way, tractor supply should have them or know where to get them.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The rim size is 15 inches.

I don't have Tractor Supply store within 300 miles of here, at least not one I know of. Nor, do we have any other places for trailer parts, except for the local guy who builds them. He won't order anything for me, as he said he makes money selling trailers, not parts.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, and thanks for the other advice, I appreciate it.

·
Banned
19,446 Posts
yep thats GM bolt pattern. try a salvage yard or maybe a dealer would have some odd rims floating around. like the other guys said, the bearings and seals will have numbers on them. you may need a slide hammer and j-hook to get the off though. the races can be knocked out of the hubs with a punch nad hammer.

SW

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He won't order anything for me, as he said he makes money selling trailers, not parts.
Sounds like a nice guy.
Yeah, just like the next guy right?

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Tell that bastard you'll pay 15% over cost if he'd just do you a solid and get you the needed shat... or let him shoot your DE a few times... I'd order parts for you if you let me shoot your DE a few times.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I already asked him to do that, and he said no. I called him today to ask him for the favor and... nope.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
"...some people you just can't reach... and you have what we had here last week... which is the way he wants is... well... he gets it... I don't like it... any more than you men."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts