Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am fresh to the forum. Just navigating the site I see all types of information google just cant provide. I want to post a question that I know has been asked a million times so I'll just browse some threads.

·
Administrator
24,594 Posts
Ask away. We'll answer it somewhere in the midst of the abuse.

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts

Welcome to the zoo. Watch out for Moles and CicPups

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Welcome Slim..ask away :D

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
And the question is?!

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Hello, I am fresh to the forum. Just navigating the site I see all types of information google just cant provide. I want to post a question that I know has been asked a million times so I'll just browse some threads.

Welcome, slim2none ! ! !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CF380 is it common to use +p ammo. and 2nd, common range and defense ammo? thanks

·
Administrator
24,594 Posts
CF380 is it common to use +p ammo. and 2nd, common range and defense ammo? thanks
Oh FFS!!! Really?!

:jk:

All of the HP pistols are rated for +p ammo, but extended use at higher pressure will increase the amount of wear, as compared to "standard" pressure ammunition.

As far as ammo type, find what it likes to eat. Then feed the hell out of it. Our resident pistol folks will be along eventually to chime in. I'm more of a carbine guy, and my carbine eats whatever I feed it.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Bad @ss baby bullets by Buffalo Bore

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
^^ yeah!! and the .380's ballistics still suck!!

Welcome to the nuthut! Enjoy yourself and try not to drown......it can get a little rough

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
^^ yeah!! and the .380's ballistics still suck!!
Welcome to the nuthut! Enjoy yourself and try not to drown......it can get a little rough
May be - but it beats the hades out of a sharp stick or foul language. :p

OP - SWAGA got it right with Buffalo Bore. I like Critical Defense or Guard Dog for social work, whatever is on sale for target and training. Once broke in, your HP will likely eat whatever you feed it

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,876 Posts
"Guard Dog" lmao :rofl:

I'm the Mole your momma warned you about...

:welcome:slim2none86!!!

Don't just be "passin' thru", STAY For a While! :D

·
Banned
3,792 Posts
I am late to the party, but, welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts

Get back to work, MOLE! Price of ammo's going up again!

·
Registered
999 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Common range? That all depends on how far away your truck is parked because that is where you have to run to get to the best defense ammo, its the Guard dog expanding FMJ loads in the .45 auto under your truck seat!
Seriously,,,if it was me i would get some of that extreme penitrator ammo for a .380. It will not expand so will go deep, actually more than likely straight through someone, yet causes damage like a good hollow point. Check out some you tube videos on it. Looks like some great stuff for a smaller round like the 380 especially.

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
Start with the cheapest ammo on the Walmart shelf. Stop when you find something that runs reliably. Which will probably be the cheapest ammo on the Walmart shelf.

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
So, Slim, as you can see, opinions do vary - and all are valid under the right circumstances. Enjoy the ride!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts