Pastor Disarms Distraught Man

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by sarahsmom, Jan 4, 2016.

1. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Glad it worked out for him!

2. histed

histed Supporting Member

One more reason for ending the shameful treatment of vets in this country and providing more and better mental health resources. I am very glad for the way everything ended in the church and that this distraught person seem to have found both peace and friends, why was he that desperate it begin with?

3. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Wife diagnosed with a debilitating disease and already in dire financial straits.
    Couldn't afford his PTSD medication.
    It's in the article..

4. histed

histed Supporting Member

Thanks SWAGA - not exactly what I meant. Need to be more literal, I guess. I actually meant that, why, after serving the country and putting his life on the line, was help for both of them not available from the nation (i.e. the federal government, specifically the VA).

5. rmuniz9336

rmuniz9336 Member

Wow. I'm glad it's working out for everyone involved, including the guy who walked in with the gun. When it comes to helping to solve your problems, there's no substitute for Jesus in my personal opinion.

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    It IS available...sometimes, if you can find out about it, and qualify for it, and wait long enough, and fill out the paperwork correctly, and it gets funded again, and....:(

7. Yup. Years of leftist governance has certainly harmed the economy.

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    You'd think with all that "free" health care out there, this wouldn't be an issue anymore.:rolleyes:

My wife is German, her sister is older, retired a few years back, and is telling my wife that the German health care system is simply telling old folks, too bad, you are old, we can't waste money on you anymore.

And that's one of the oldest health care systems in Europe, in the country with the BEST economy in the EU.:cool:

9. Things are not going to get better, we don't have Obama Care, but have talked to people who do. Doctors are not accepting patients with it, if they do the patients have to pay up front. This includes life threatening surgeries.

Duke has a ad out for Duke insurance, they say right up front in the video that without it they may deny service. This was unheard of before Obama Care.

Many prescriptions are not covered under OC, doctor prescribes a PX that works, and the patient cannot afford it. Previously the med companies stepped in to help, they seem to have stopped.

It is not just vets getting screwed, in the long run we all are.

10. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

It will all get better when Trump gets voted into the White House...hallelujah!

11. Let's hope so, but the damage has already been done by that idiot who currently resides in the WH. But he is not alone there were a lot of idiots in Congress who gave us this mess, and not forget the ones who voted for him.